Kodiak Cakes Nutrition Facts
Do you love having some dark chocolate cakes, waffles, pancakes, and muffins for breakfast? Don’t you think that breakfast must contain a good amount of protein? Kodiak Cake began its journey by developing high protein blends for food rich in carbohydrates such as brownies, cookies, cornbread, muffins, waffles, and flapjacks. Currently, they even bifurcate into pancakes and chilled toaster Waffles to prepare to relish them effortlessly, thereby presenting a Kodiak cups line for having protein-filled goodies actively. Its flavours range from dessert-accepted pumpkin dark chocolate and chocolate peanut butter to the breakfast-amicable mountain blueberry and cinnamon maples.
The nutritional content per 53 grams or 0.50 cup of Kodiak cakes
Amount per serving of 53 grams or 0.50 cups of Kodiak cakes:
- Calories: 190
- Fat Calories: 0
- Total fat: 2 grams/ 3% of the Daily Value
- Trans Fat: 0 gram
- Saturated Fat: 0 gram/ 0% of the DV
- Potassium: 180 mg/ 4% of the DV
- Sodium: 380 mg/ 17% of the DV
- Cholesterol: 10 mg/ 4% of the DV
- Total Carbohydrate: 30 grams/ 11% of the DV
- Dietary Fiber: 5 gram/ 18% of the DV
- Total Sugar: 3 gram
- Added Sugar: 2 gram/ 4% of the DV
- Protein: 14 grams
Let’s go through some fantastic nutrition facts on Kodiak cakes
- The difference of Kodiak cakes from other companies is that Other brands utilize improved flour, which has included supplements; notwithstanding, the germ and bran are eliminated, removing some normally happening nutrients.
- Whole-grain oat flour and wheat indicate that the entire kernel is crushed for developing this powder. It is essential as the seed offers nutrients and an excellent fibre source.
- It has bleach flour chemically processed with potassium bromate and chlorine benzoyl peroxide. Hence, these chemicals make Kodiak cakes a little unhealthy.
- The sugar quantity present in these Kodiak cakes is a bit high, i.e., a half-cup or 53 grams of pancake powder has three grams of sugar. Most of the pancake powders contain double the quantity of every serving, which utilizes conventional sugar. Due to the excessive sugar, the pancakes turn out quite unhealthy to consume regularly.
- Kodiak cakes have buttermilk which is essentially brewed milk. Fermentation requires processing. Hence this process needs the additives and preservatives inclusion which aren’t regarded as very healthy.
- These cakes have a good protein from wheat protein segregates, mainly formed from gluten. Furthermore, it contains ninety per cent of protein isolate, which appears from cream milk. Minerals and lactose are eliminated, leaving a powder with ninety per cent protein.
- While protein concentrate is a by-product of milk produced from cheese making, it is fat-free, carbohydrate-free, and lactose-free. Also, milk protein concentrate is the same as the protein isolate in many ways, except it has lesser protein and skimmed milk.
- Sea salts even make Kodiak cakes unhealthy to eat. There is almost 380 mg every half a cup that’s around 17% of the regular recommended consumption. However, it is nearly 50-100 mg less than the usual pancake powders.
- Sodium phosphate and monocalcium are combined with baking soda, allowing these pancakes to enlarge. However, this hasn’t been proven to cause health issues. Moreover, the FDA’s quantities in food are considered safe and harmless.
Some additional incredible facts
- Kodiak Cakes is a company whose headquarter is situated in Utah, Park City. Joel Clark launched Kodiak Cake in 1995.
- Kodiak cakes also sell various baking mixes, Graham crackers, syrups, toaster waffles, oatmeal, waffle mix, and pancake mixes.
- Power cakes are also available in different flavours, including chocolate chip, almond poppyseed, dark chocolate, cinnamon oat, peanut butter, and buttermilk.
- Healthy product mist contains a minimum of ten per cent of the daily value of fibre, protein, iron, calcium, vitamin C, and vitamin A if a food contains less than the daily value of Vitamin D or potassium.
- Ingestion of saturated fats is linked to heart illness, including atherosclerosis, hardening arteries.
- Too much cholesterol might increase the stroke and heart attack risk of the consumption. Eating high sugar can even lead to obesity, cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
- Kodiak cakes mix rolled oats and whole grains instead of bleached flour. It is a bonus for you to add more fibre to your diet. It can also help you boost satiety, which means you will not crave afterwards for the leftover waffles Or flapjacks in an hour.
Consider below facts
Kodiak cakes arrive in several ranges like flapjacks, pancakes, waffles, and muffins. So are these cakes nutritious? Yes, it is, yet in moderate quantities. They are healthful for the fibre and protein amount included in them. However, its high salt and sugar content makes Kodiak cakes quite unhealthy when you regularly eat them. So avoid consuming Kodiak pancakes when you’re susceptible to any of its ingredients, as it might lead to diarrhoea. Furthermore, even people ask whether Kodiak cakes gave fake protein, completely false. These cakes have original protein isolates from whey milk and wheat protein.
We hope you liked our Kodiak Cakes Nutrition Facts. For more such information, follow our Blog, foodiewish.com.