Red Potato Nutrition Facts
Potatoes are an essential part of the food menu for all. Whether to opt for white potatoes or red potatoes is another concern. Compared with white potatoes, red potatoes are healthier and contain 151 calories per potato. A white potato has 159 calories per potato.
Red potatoes have higher potassium content, and a higher quantity of Vitamin C. Red potatoes are medium-sized, and they go best with soups, chowders, and salads. Also, red potatoes are less starchy and are waxy and firm. They have light red skin and are white from the inside. Also, red potatoes are cooked with the skin. But when it comes to white potatoes, the skin needs to be removed before they can be used. Also, the skin of the red potatoes is thin and delicate, because of which the skin does not affect or change the flavour or texture of the dish.
The nutritional content of Red Potato
- 1% Total Fat 0.5g.
- Sugars 4.3g.
- 0% Saturated Fat 0.1g.
- 22% Dietary Fiber 5.4g.
- 0% Cholesterol 0mg.
- 20% Total Carbohydrates 59g.
- 47% Potassium 1630mg.
- 2% Sodium 36mg.
Nutritional benefits of Red Potato
- Red potatoes seem to boost your heart health. They are high in potassium content that is a good source of maintaining blood pressure. Abnormally high blood pressure leads to hypertension and may also lead to heart-related concerns. Red potatoes also have chlorogenic acid and kukoamines, promoting heart health.
- Red potatoes are filling. And because of this reason, red potatoes help and assist you in weight control, reduce your calorie intake, and help you feel full for a long time. A recent study also discovered that red potatoes have proteinase inhibitor 2 (PI2), which is a good source of suppressing your appetite. All these factors are why red potatoes are considered suitable for weight loss.
- Red potatoes excite people, especially kids, to consume more vegetables. Red potatoes do not alter the taste of any other vegetable in the dish. Because of this very reason, red potatoes are so much better and help you improve and increase your vegetable intake.
- Red Potatoes are a good source of Vitamin B6. For maintaining a balanced mood, a healthy nervous system, and cellular renewal, you need proper vitamins. With Red potatoes, you get the vitamins for maintaining lower stress levels and valuable nutrients for keeping your cholesterol in check.
- Red Potatoes also help in keeping you feel filled and energized. Rich in vitamins and complex carbohydrates, red potatoes are a good energy source. Also, red potatoes are starchy and go well by maintaining the nutrient value of other vegetables when cooked together. Because of all these reasons, red potatoes are a good energy source for you.
- Red potatoes are naturally fat-free. They are buttery in flavour and have a moist texture. You can cook and prepare red potatoes in different ways, and it will only enhance the nutrient content and still be fat-free.
- Red potatoes are naturally gluten-free. There is a common misconception that carbohydrates are the same as gluten. However, red potatoes are naturally gluten-free and can be consumed directly by anyone allergic and prefer only gluten-free food.
- Red potatoes are a great source of vitamins that are good for boosting your body’s immunity system. Red potatoes are a rich source of Vitamin C. Vitamin C is beneficial for your overall health, helps repair your body tissues, and provides antioxidants. Red potatoes contain around 45% of the daily recommended amount of Vitamin C.
- Red potatoes help you feel fuller for a long time. The fibre content in the red potatoes helps in the daily nutrient value and is suitable for your gut health. Red potatoes are fibrous and help you feel fuller for a long time.
- The red skin of red potatoes is also of nutritious value. The skin of the potato is thin and filled with nutrition. The skin is filled with Iron, Vitamin B, Fiber, and Potassium. The majority of the fibrous content of a red potato comes from its skin.
Red potatoes are a good source of nutrients for you. You can include red potatoes in your daily life. Red potatoes can be consumed as a whole; you don’t need to remove the outer layering for white potatoes. Red potatoes help maintain weight, are low in fat content, and keep you filled for the day. Red potatoes can be eaten as a salad; they can be baked, roasted, mashed, and used in so many ways.
We hope you liked our Red Potato Nutrition Facts. For more such information, follow our Blog, foodiewish.com.