Spam is canned cooked meat, made from processed ham and ground pork. This meat culture combines flavouring agents and preservatives like sodium nitrite, potato starch, salt, and sugar, canned and vacuum-sealed.
Nutrition Facts About Spam You Shouldn’t Miss!
Products were initially found attractive during World War II as convenient and cheap food to feed the soldiers overseas. Nowadays, Spam is famous worldwide and has become the household ingredient for its quick preparation, convenience, shelf life, and versatility.
How Many Calories Are In Spam?
Spam is high in calories, fat, and sodium. This also offers several micronutrients, protein-like copper, iron, potassium, and zinc. The one two-ounce servings of Spam contains
- Carbs:- 2grams
- Fat:- 15grams
- Calories:- 174
- Protein:- 7grams
- Sodium:- 32 percent of Daily Intake
- Zinc:- 7 percent of daily intake
- Potassium:- 4 percent of daily intake
- Copper:- 3 percent of daily intake
- Iron:- 3 percent of daily intake
In addition to all these nutrients, Spam offers negligible amounts of calcium, folate, magnesium, and vitamin C.
Here is the detailed chart on spam nutrition facts for reference.
Also, you can try canned spam meat, a combination of processed ham and ground pork. They provide several micronutrients to our body and at the same time, they are very delicious.
Let’s Have A Glance At Amazing Facts About Spam Nutrition.
- Processed meat is a type of meat that has been dried, smoked, canned, and cured to increase its shelf life and enhance its texture and taste.
- Spam also contains sodium nitrite, the typical food used to prevent the growth of bacteria and improve the appearance and flavour of a final product.
- Spam is also high in sodium and packs nearly one-third of recommended daily intake in a serving. However, little research shows that few people might be even more sensitive to the effects of salt.
- People who have blood pressure might benefit from reducing their sodium intake as studies show that cutting the sodium will help you lower your blood pressure. The Spam is also high in fat and with 15grams in a 56-gram serving. Fat is always higher in calories than carbs or protein. Every gram of fat contains approx. Nine calories.
- It is also stable, making it simple to stock up compared to perishable protein food such as beef or chicken.
Some Additional Nutrition Facts About Spam
- The Spam with cheese comes with a great and unique flavour.
- Hickory-smoked Spam might not be the first choice, but it is pretty good in taste. Add it to bread and have a bite.
- If you are diet conscious, you can add the spam lite to your salad and have a great taste.
- You can add some Black Spam pepper to get a peppery taste to your salad.
- If you want something hot and spicy, you can taste hot and spicy Spam. It will give fire to your diet.
To Sum It Up
You can add this to your diet, but you must know that excessive usage of spam foods can lead to many health concerns. So enjoy your spam food in limitations.
We hope you liked our Nutrition Facts About Spam. For more such information, follow our Blog, foodiewish.com.