Famous Bengali Sweet Sandesh Recipe
Sandesh Recipe: Foodies, here is another Bengal special chenna recipe – Sandesh or Sondesh. This is one of the quickest, easy yet delicious recipes..
Type: Bengali Sweets, Bengali Sweets Sandesh Recipe, Indian Sweets
Cuisine: Bengali Sweets, Bengali Sweets Sandesh Recipe, Indian Sweets
Keywords: sandesh sweet, bengali sweets sandesh, sandesh recipe
Preparation Time: 15M
Cooking Time: 35M
Total Time: 50M
Sandesh Recipe: Foodies, here is another Bengal special chenna recipe – Sandesh or Sondesh. This is one of the quickest, easy yet delicious recipes that could be made with only three ingredients. Three important ingredients are chenna, powdered sugar, and cardamom powder.
Rest ingredients, of course, you can use according to your preference and availability of the ingredients.
You may also love these delicious Indian sweets recipes
- Indian Festive Sweets Kaju Katli Recipe
- Instant, Crispy and Juicy Jalebi Recipe
- Halwai Style Balushahi Recipe
Bengali prefers to make it at different festivals and most importantly at Durga Puja during Navratri. This mouth dissolving sweet has gained the acceptance across country.
You can use different dry fruits like cashew nuts, almonds, pistachio to give it a flavour. In this recipe, I am sharing of saffron flavour.
Here is the recipe of Sandesh. I have already shared the tips for making chenna in the “Spongy Rasgulle” recipe. Please refer to that blog to prepare the chenna.
- Serving: 8-10 Pieces
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 – 20 Minutes
- Courses: Sweet Dish
- Cuisine: Indian
- Equipment: Pan, Cotton cloth, Colander and ladle
- Calories: 188 Calories/Piece
Sandesh Recipe Ingredients:
- Milk – 1 Litre, full cream
- Lemon – 2
- Powdered Sugar – 1/3 Cup, or 50 Grams
- Cardamom – 5
- Pistachio – 10-12 Pieces
- Saffron – 20 – 25 Threads
Sandesh Recipe Preparation:
- Prepare the soft chenna first, by curdling the milk. (Refer Spongy Rasgulla Blog)
- Make the chenna soft with the help of fingers. Knead it for 5-6 minutes. Keep in mind that it has adequate moisture.
- Add powdered sugar and saffron in cheena. Mix them well for 2-3 minutes.
- Take a pan; add this mixture in the pan. Roast it for 3-4 minutes at a very low flame to remove the raw taste of chenna.
- Do not roast it for a long time; otherwise, the chenna will turn hard.
- Take the mixture on the plate. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Now take the small portion of the mixture, make a ball with the palm. Press gently and keep it on a plate.
- Repeat the process, and make the balls of all the mixture.
- Now garnish it with chopped pistachio. Place them at the center, and push it. So that it can stick to the Sandesh.
To make the perfect recipe, keep in mind that the chenna should be soft and knead well for 5-6 minutes.
Do not roast it for long, in case chenna gets hard, use the grinder to make it soft.
If you prefer the favour of cashew nuts, almonds or pistachio, then take 10-12 pieces of any dry fruit. Blend it to make a powder and add in the chenna.
You can decorate the sweet with choco chips, tutti frutti, or any other dry fruit of your choice.