Justine Schofield’s Recipes are well sought after by people all over the World. They are a brand in themselves. Justine Schofield is an Australian author, cook, and television personality. She has been on a few cookery shows and has made a name for herself in the food industry.
Justine Schofield Recipes
Justine Schofield’s recipes are known to be a good mix of modern and traditional. Here is one that is sure to hit the right spots for you.
Chicken and Peanut Butter Red Curry
This South Asian chicken dish will become a weekend staple in your household if you love your curries. It’s zesty, a good blend of spicy and mild, and full of good old wholesome flavours. Get ready for a party on your palate with Justine Schofield Recipes!
Ingredients to make Justine Schofield Recipes
- 8 chicken thighs, skinless and halved
- 2 tbsp peanut oil or any vegetable oil
- 3cm piece of ginger, chopped very fine
- 1 tsp Malaysian curry powder
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts
- 1 long red chilli
- 1 cucumber
- 1 sprig of Thai basil
- 1 sprig Vietnamese mint
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 270 ml coconut milk
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
How to Prepare Justine Schofield Recipes?
- Mix the following ingredients in a bowl, marinate the chicken in this mixture, & make sure that the chicken is well coated in this and keep it aside.
- Curry Powder
- Few spoonfuls of oil
2. Saute the chicken for a few minutes on each side in a large pan with the remaining oil. This will seal the juices of the chicken and keep it tender in the gravy.
3. Add red curry paste to the same pan. Next, add the coconut milk and peanut butter, fish sauce, and sugar. Add few drops of water to blend them.
4. Let the gravy simmer till it thickens. This might take around 3-4 minutes.
5. Add a dash of lime and check for salt.
6. Add the semi-cooked chicken pieces and simmer them in the gravy for a few minutes to incorporate all the flavours.
7. You can garnish it with anything, like, peanuts, basil, mint, cucumber, etc.
Pineapple and Coconut Dessert
This dessert plays on the classic pina colada because everyone knows that pineapple and coconut are a match made in heaven.
Ingredients to make Pineapple and Coconut Dessert
- 500 gm pineapple, frozen or fresh
- 270 ml coconut milk
- 3 tbsp white rum
- 12 meringues, homemade or store-bought
- Fresh mint
Method of Preparation for Pineapple and Coconut Dessert
- Chop the pineapple into bite-sized pieces. If you’re using frozen pineapple, you should make sure that it is defrosted.
- Blend the chopped-up pineapple with coconut milk.
- Chill in the refrigerator for a while and serve in shot glasses or dessert bowls.
- Use the fresh mint as a garnish.
Tuna And Corn Gratin
This dish is a modern twist on the regular meat or vegetable gratins. It combines the salty flavours of tuna with the subtle and mellow bechamel and cheese that envelope it.
Ingredients to make Tuna And Corn Gratin
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 300 gm baby spinach
- 3 ears corn
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp flour
- 300 ml full cream
- 2 cans tuna
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 125 gm smoked scamorza, chopped
- 1 handful of cheese of your choice
Method of Preparation for Tuna And Corn Gratin
- Preheat your oven to 180 C.
- Fry onion in a large pan till it is translucent and soft. Add the spinach and season with salt. Cook for a few minutes and leave aside to cool.
- Add corn to the food processor and make a puree. Add eggs, mustard, flour, nutmeg, and cream and puree them along with the corn—season with salt and pepper.
- Add tuna to the spinach mix and stir until well combined.
- Mix the two kinds of cheese.
- Add the corn and then top with the cheese mixture.
- Put it in the oven and bake till the cheese has melted and a golden-brown crust forms on the top of the dish. This should take no more than 30-40 minutes.
The above recipes by this culinary expert are foolproof and will ensure that you can cook up a storm in your kitchen. Use them when you have guests over, and you will be flooded with compliments. They are flexible enough for you to increase or decrease certain ingredients as per your choice. On our website foodiewish.com, you will find many more interesting recipes to replicate in your kitchen.