Delicious Palak Kofta Curry Recipe
Palak Kofta Curry Recipe: It is a delectable main course dish in which softballs (known as koftas), made by paneer (cottage cheese)..
Type: Palak Kofta, Palak Kofta Recipe, Indian Food
Cuisine: Palak Kofta, Palak Kofta Recipe, Indian Food
Keywords: palak kofta, palak kofta recipe, recipe of palak kofta
Preparation Time: PT15M
Cooking Time: PT30M
Total Time: PT45M
Palak Kofta Curry Recipe: It is a delectable main course dish in which softballs (known as koftas), made by paneer (cottage cheese) and potato are served in spinach curry sauce. To make Palak koftas more healthy, you can substitute potato with bottle gourd (lauki or ghia). Just peel the bottle gourd and grate it and rest follow the same procedure. Though this recipe takes time, but it is worth to prepare at small get-togethers, parties. Palak koftas tastes awesome with tandoori rotis or any type of naan.
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
Palak Kofta Gravy Recipe Ingredients:
- 100 gms Paneer (cottage cheese), mashed
- 3/4 cup Gram flour, roasted
- 3 medium-size potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1/2 tsp Chilly powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 250 gms Palak (spinach), boiled and puree it in blender
- 3/4 cup Tomato puree
- 2 medium-size Onion, grated
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 2 Black cardamom, coarsely crushed
- 2 (1″) Cinnamon
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
Palak Kofta Gravy Recipe Preparation:
- In a bowl, put paneer, gram flour, potatoes, chilly powder, salt and mix it well.
- Now heat oil in a karahi for frying.
- Make small balls of mixed dough.
- Once the oil is hot, reduce the flame in between low and medium.
- Put the balls in the karahi and fry them till golden brown from all sides.
- After frying all balls, keep them aside in a paper towel.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cardamom, cinnamon, bay leaves and stir for few seconds.
- Add ginger and garlic and stir for few seconds.
- Now add onion and fry it until golden brown.
- Add coriander powder, chilly powder, salt and mix it well.
- Add tomato puree and cook it until oil oozes out.
- Add palak (spinach) and mix it well and cover it for about 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, add kofta balls. Garnish with cream.
Serve palak koftas with tandoori rotis or any type of naan.
Palak Kofta Curry is a delicious and healthy Indian dish that combines spinach and potato dumplings in a creamy tomato-based sauce. With its vibrant green color and fragrant spices, it’s not only a treat for your taste buds but also a visual delight. Whether you serve it as a main dish or a side, this dish is sure to impress your guests and leave them asking for more.