Lip Smacking Buttery: Pav Bhaji Recipe | FoodieWish
Pav Bhaji Recipe: Street foods are being loved by many people. Whenever you go to the market you must be looking for different food vendors at the roadside.
Type: Indian Street Food, Indian Food, Snack
Cuisine: Indian Street Food, Indian Food
Keywords: pav bhaji recipe, how to make pav bhaji, pav bhaji ingredients
Preparation Time: PT10M
Cooking Time: PT30M
Total Time: PT40M
Pav Bhaji Recipe: Street foods are being loved by many people. Whenever you go to the market you must be looking for different food vendors at the roadside, because the food they serve tastes authentic. Pav bhaji is one of the most loved street food that many people want to have when they go out.
Pav Bhaji originated in Maharashtra, has become the famous street food in many states. The bhaji is blended with many vegetables, spices and loads of butter. A good amount of butter is the key to the delicious recipe.
Lots of vegetables make it nutritious, whereas different spices and butter make it delicious.
The spicy bhaji is served with a Pav, which is the form of bread.
Pav Bhaji Recipe Ingredients:
- Potatoes – 2 Medium size
- Peas – 1 Cup
- Cauliflower – 1 cup diced
- Capsicum – ½ Cup diced
- Onion – 1 diced
- Tomatoes – 1 diced
- Green chilli – 2, finely chopped
- Coriander leaves – 2 tablespoon
- Bhaji Masala – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – 1 tablespoon, or according to your taste.
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ Tablespoon
- Coriander Powder – 1 Tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ Tablespoon
- Butter – 3 – 4 Tablespoon
- Cumin Powder – ½ Tablespoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
Pav Bhaji Recipe Preparation:
1. Take a pressure cooker; add potatoes, peas, and cauliflower. Add 1 cup of water. Allow it to whistle twice.
2. Take a pan, heat it. Add 2 tablespoon butter and let it melt.
3. Add ginger garlic paste and green chilli, sauté for 1 minute.
4. Now add onion, roast it till it gets golden brown.
5. Add chopped capsicum, and let it cook till it gets tender.
6. Add tomatoes, red chilli powder, turmeric, coriander powder, cumin powder and mix them well.
7. You may cover the pan for 2 minutes till the tomatoes get soft.
8. Open the cooker and mash all the vegetables using a masher.
9. When the tomatoes are cooked, add all the vegetables.
10. Now add salt and bhaji masala and mix them well.
11. Let it cook for 5-6 minutes.
12. You can also add 1 cup water if the consistency is very thick.
13. Don’t forget to stir in between.
14. Now the bhaji is ready to serve.
15. Garnish it with coriander leaves, onion and a tablespoon of butter.
• Cut the Pav from between.
• Heat the Pan put some butter on it and roasts the pav till they turn brown.
• Serve it with Bhaji.
• Cook it with lots of patience and butter.
• You can use lemon as well, prefer according to your taste.
And that’s a wrap on our Pav Bhaji recipe! We hope you enjoyed making and eating this popular and flavorful Indian street food dish. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to reach out. Until next time, happy cooking and enjoy your Pav Bhaji!