Restaurant Style Coconut Chutney Recipe
Coconut Chutney Recipe: Here is another South Indian Special Chutney, coconut chutney. Almost all chutney's are easy to cook and delicious.
Cuisine: Indian Food
Keywords: coconut chutney recipe, coconut chutney recipes, how to make coconut chutney
Preparation Time: PT5M
Cooking Time: PT5M
Total Time: PT10M
Coconut Chutney Recipe: Here is another South Indian Special Chutney, coconut chutney. Almost all chutney’s are easy to cook and delicious. This chutney is usually served with the dosa, idli, medu vada, uttapam, and lemon rice.
Coconut has its unique authentic taste, and several other ingredients further enhance its taste. Having a thick and creamy texture, you can consume it for up to one to two days.
You may also like:
This chutney is low in calories. Coconut is known for several health benefits including weight loss and a good heart health.
So, prepare and enjoy this chutney at home.
- Serving: 4-5
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
- Courses: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Indian
- Equipment: Pan, Grinder and ladle
- Calories: 30 Calories/serving
Coconut Chutney Recipe Ingredients:
- Fresh Coconut – 1 Cup
- Chana Dal – 1 Teaspoon
- Raw Peanuts – 1 Tablespoon
- Green Chillies – 2
- Oil – 1 Tablespoon
- Mustard Seeds – ½ Teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds – ½ Teaspoon
- Asafoetida – 1 Pinch
- Dried Red Chillies – 2-3
- Curry Leaves – 6-7
- Ginger – ½ Inch
- Salt – 1 Teaspoon or as per taste
- Sugar – ½ Teaspoon
Coconut Chutney Recipe Preparation:
- Thoroughly wash the chana dal, and soak it in water for 4 hours.
- Take a jar, add fresh coconut followed by ginger, ½ teaspoon sugar, raw peanuts, green chillies, salt as per taste and chana dal and two spoon water.
- Grind it and make a fine paste.
- Heat one tablespoon oil in a pan, add mustard seed in it. Let it crackle and then add 1 tablespoon cumin seeds in it.
- Add one pinch asafoetida and dried red chillies.
- Roast it for 1 minute.
- Finally, add curry leaves and cook it for another 2 minutes.
- Pour this mixture on the chutney and mix well.
- The chutney is ready to serve.
In conclusion, there are many variations of chutney recipes to suit different tastes and preferences. Whether you prefer sweet, tangy, spicy, or a combination of flavors, there’s a chutney recipe out there for you. These condiments are perfect for adding an extra burst of flavor to your meals and can be made in advance to have on hand for a quick and easy addition to your meals. With its versatility and delicious taste, chutney is a must-have in any kitchen!