Weight Loss Recipe – Besan Cheela | FoodieWish
Besan Cheela Recipe: India is known for the diversity it has not only in festivals, culture, tradition, religion but also in food.
Type: tradition dish, festivals, culture
Cuisine: North Indian Cuisine
Keywords: besan cheela, besan cheela recipe, besan ka cheela
Preparation Time: PT6M
Cooking Time: PT14M
Total Time: PT20M
Besan Cheela Recipe: India is known for the diversity it has not only in festivals, culture, tradition, religion but also in food. Almost every state has its special food that everyone loves to have them at least once in a while, but one breakfast option is almost loved by everyone and widely cooked anywhere in India, and people cherish it across length and breadth of the country.
You may also like: Onion Paneer Paratha Recipe
Besan, is the chickpea flour, is known for the healthy qualities it possesses. It is gluten and cholesterol-free. It is low in calories and rich in protein, iron, calcium, sodium and potassium. Its versatile nature makes it useful for a variety of dishes like Pakoda, Dhokla, Khandvi, kadi, etc.
Besan Cheela, a healthy protein breakfast, is a good option for almost all age groups – kid, youth and old age as well.
Besan Cheela Recipe – Ingredients:
• Besan – 1 cup
• Water – 2.5 cup
• Salt – 1/3 Teaspoon
• Red Chilli Powder – ¼ Teaspoon
• Tomato – 1 tomato, cut into small pieces
• Onion – 1 onion, finely chopped
• Green Chilli – 1, cut into small pieces
• Green Coriander Leaves – around 1 teaspoon
• Garam Masala – ¼ Teaspoon
• Ghee/Olive Oil/Vegetable oil – ¾ teaspoon
Preparation for Besan ka Cheela
• Take a bowl and add besan into it, start by adding little amount of water to it. Make the batter by adding less water to it, so that no lumps are formed.
Make the liquid consistency of the batter. The batter should not be very thick or much diluted.
• Side by side, keep a non-stick pan at a low flame. If you spread Cheela at Cool pan, it may stick to it.
• Add all the ingredients into the batter and mix it well.
• Apply some ghee or oil to the pan, put some batter on the pan and spread evenly using spoon.
• Cook it, until the colour start to change.
• You can add some oil at corner of cheela and the top surface of the cheela.
• When upper surface colour starts to change, flip the cheela.
• Bottom side colour should be golden brown. Cook the other side of the cheela as well until it gets golden brown.
• When both the sides turn into golden brown, the cheela is ready to serve. You can serve the Besan ka Cheela with tomato ketchup or green coriander chutney.
Note: – Vegetables are optional; it can be cooked even if you don’t have any vegetables available at home. On non-stick pan, less oil and ghee is used.
If you are preparing for children, don’t add green chilies to it. You can also add crushed paneer to it. Use finely chopped vegetables only; otherwise, it may stick to the pan.
We hope you liked our besan cheela recipe. For more such recipes follow our Blog foodiewish.com
Image Courtesy: Google Images