Weight Loss Recipe – Besan Cheela | FoodieWish
Besan Cheela Recipe: India is known for the diversity it has not only in festivals, culture, tradition, religion but also in food.
Type: tradition dish, festivals, culture
Cuisine: North Indian Cuisine
Keywords: besan cheela, besan cheela recipe, besan ka cheela
Preparation Time: PT6M
Cooking Time: PT14M
Total Time: PT20M
Besan Cheela Recipe: India is known for the diversity it has not only in festivals, culture, tradition, and religion but also in food. Almost every state has exceptional food that everyone loves to have at least once in a while. Still, one breakfast option is nearly loved by everyone and is widely cooked anywhere in India, and people cherish it across the length and breadth of the country.
Besan Cheela Recipe – Ingredients:
• Besan – 1 cup
• Water – 2.5 cup
• Salt – 1/3 Teaspoon
• Red Chilli Powder – ¼ Teaspoon
• Tomato – 1 tomato, cut into small pieces
• Onion – 1 onion, finely chopped
• Green Chilli – 1, cut into small pieces
• Green Coriander Leaves – around one teaspoon
• Garam Masala – ¼ Teaspoon
• Ghee/Olive Oil/Vegetable oil – ¾ teaspoon
Preparation for Besan ka Cheela
• Take a bowl and add besan into it, start by adding a tiny amount of water. Make the batter by adding less water to it so that no lumps are formed.
Make the liquid consistency of the batter. The batter should not be very thick or much diluted.
• Side by side, keep a non-stick pan at a low flame. If you spread Cheela on a Cool pan, it may stick to it.
• Add all the ingredients into the batter and mix it well.
• Apply some ghee or oil to the pan, put some batter on the pan and spread evenly using a spoon.
• Cook it until the color starts to change.
• You can add some oil to the corner of cheela and the top surface of the cheela.
• When the upper surface color starts to change, flip the cheela.
• Bottom side color should be golden brown. Cook the other side of the cheela until it gets golden brown.
• When both the sides turn golden brown, the cheela is ready to serve. You can serve the Besan ka Cheela with tomato ketchup or green coriander chutney.
Note: – Vegetables are optional; they can be cooked even if you don’t have any vegetables. On non-stick pan, less oil and ghee is used.
If you are preparing for children, don’t add green chilies. You can also add crushed paneer to it. Use finely chopped vegetables only; otherwise, they may stick to the pan.
Besan, the chickpea flour, is known for its nutritional qualities. It is gluten and cholesterol-free. It is low in calories and rich in protein, iron, calcium, sodium and potassium. Its versatile nature makes it useful for various dishes like Pakoda, Dhokla, Khandvi, kadi, etc. Besan Cheela, a healthy protein breakfast, is a good option for almost all age groups – kids, youth and old age.