Mountain Dew Nutrition Facts
Cold drinks or soft drinks are non-alcoholic, carbonated water which contains artificial flavours. You have a variety of cold drinks available in the market to choose from. Cold drinks have become a popular drink for all, whether for refreshment purposes or for regaining energy and revitalizing. One such refreshing and revitalizing drink is Mountain Dew. After all, who doesn’t want to “Do the Dew”? That is the catchy tagline which Mountain Dew follows.
Mountain Dew is made of carbonated water, natural flavours, and sweeteners. Mountain Dew comprises high-fructose corn syrup, concentrated orange juice, caffeine, citric acid, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, gum arabic, erythorbic acid, Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid, and for the colour yellow 5.
The nutritional content of 1 can or 12oz of Mountain Dew
When you buy a can of Mountain Dew which is of 12oz, the following are offered to you:
- Calories: 170
- Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 65mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 46mg
- Protein: 0g
Nutrition benefits of Mountain Dew
Mountain Dew is not just a carbonated drink. It has some excellent health benefits to offer, which will give you a new perspective about the glass. Here are a few nutrition benefits of Mountain Dew.
- As per a Medical study, Scientists have been known to recommend the consumption of Mountain Dew for boosting immunity, fighting diseases, and extending your life.
- Mountain Dew tastes excellent and the flavour of the drink depends on a few factors. These factors include container, temperature, and flavor. You should try and taste the amazing flavors of Mountain Dew available in the market, Baja Blast, Code Red, and more.
- Mountain Dew also helps get you energized. The caffeine content in Mountain Dew helps as an energy booster.
- Also, you will be surprised to know that Mountain Dew has caffeine which is known to be a bronchodilator. Caffeine is also known to reduce respiratory muscle fatigue. It also seems to help with asthma and is known to have the same reaction as Theophylline (the drug).
- Mountain Dew contains citric acid and citric acid is known to be used in packaged and canned foods and drinks. Citric acid is known to keep canned juice fresh over a long time. Also, it adds a sour flavor to the drink.
- Mountain Dew offers zero fats. The lower the body fats, the better it is for you to have high energy levels, enjoy better sleep and help you in maintaining your health.
- Mountain Dew offers 29g of carbohydrates. They are the main source of energy in your body. Carbohydrates help in digestion and also helps maintain your blood cholesterol levels.
- Mountain Dew has 35mg of sodium. Sodium in your body helps maintain a proper balance of minerals and water. Sodium is also helpful in relaxing your body muscles.
Let’s look at some incredible facts about Mountain Dew
- Mountain Dew was originally formulated in the year 1940 by the Tennessee manufacturers, Barney and Ally Hartman.
- Mountain Dew was originally formulated as a mixer for Bourbon. Initially, it was meant to be a combination of lemon and lime soda. However, later the Hartman brothers named the drink Mountain Dew. The name was in direct reference to a joking reference to moonshine. Mountain Dew was originally meant to be a novelty drink. However, it is being treated specifically as a cold drink or a soft drink now.
- The early bottles of Mountain Dew had these words printed in them, “Yahoo Mountain Dew… It’ll tickle your innards”. This popular catchphrase was accompanied by the picture of a hillbilly moonshiner with a gun in his hand. Also, the bottles were green in color. This design was used till about the middle of the 1960s.
- Virginia’s Tip Corporation bought Mountain Dew from the Hartman brothers. It was this corporation that modified the drink and made it taste citrus-forward. This change was much appreciated and liked by all so much so that PepsiCo bought Mountain Dew in 1964.
- Once PepsiCo bought the drinks, they introduced the jingle, “Good Old Mountain Dew” in their advertisements. This was accompanied once again by the hillbilly mascot associated with the drink.
- Over the years, the formula of Mountain Dew has met with quite a few changes. The citrus-flavored and caffeinated Mountain Dew was available in the market from the 1940s to about the 1980s. Different variants of Mountain Dews are available as per the brand, the retailer, production, and other factors.
- The tune of Mountain Dew, “the good old Mountain Dew” has been covered and recorded by several artists. Some of the famous artists include Grandpa Jones, The Stanley Brothers, and Willie Nelson.
- Mountain Dew has collaborated with several brands such as Taco-Bell, Doritos Quest, DEWmocracy 1, Game Fuel, and many more. These were promotional strategies to increase the sales of Mountain Dew in the market.
We hope you liked our Mountain Dew Nutrition Facts. For more such information, follow our Blog, foodiewish.com.