Cinnamon Toast Crunch Nutrition Facts – Since 1984, Cinnamon Toast Crunch has delivered crispy tiny pieces of pleasure to consumers everywhere. To replicate the flavour of cinnamon toast, the cereal is produced using wheat and rice and sugar, and cinnamon. Continue reading for a list of ten delicious facts about Cinnamon Toast Crunch that you may not have known.
4 Amazing facts for Cinnamon toast crunch
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch is no exception; every great cereal requires a mascot to represent it. When Chef Wendell first appeared on the cereal boxes and television advertising in 1987, the world was taken by awe, and he became famous. Wendell is a joyful elderly guy who sings while baking.
- He is occasionally seen alongside two other bakers, who are younger and skinnier. Chef Wendell is dressed in spectacles and an apron, and he sings while baking.
- However, even though French Toast Crunch was widely regarded as the most popular of the spin-off cereals, it was eventually discontinued in 2006 due to poor sales, only to be reintroduced in 2015 after years of user input urging that it be brought back.
- According to CNN, it is the 11th most sugary cereal out of the top 13 sugary bowls of cereal. In one serving, it has nine grams of sugar, which places it slightly below Froot Loops and Peanut Butter Puffs, 12 grams of sugar per 39 grams of cereal, and considerably above Rice Krispies, which is a better alternative with four grams of sugar per serving.
How Many Calories Are Present In Cinnamon Toast Crunch Nutrition?
Essentially, sugar accounts for 28 percent of the calories in Cinnamon Toast Crunch. As an added preservative, butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) is included in the cereal, and it has been classified as GRAS by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
This preservative is GRAS-certified, which implies it is generally regarded as safe in trim levels for its intended application. However, since no pre-market evaluation was undertaken, the chemical entered the food supply without further scrutiny.
After it was accepted, it was subjected to an independent assessment, which concluded that “uncertainties remain, necessitating the execution of further investigations.” The National Toxicology Program has discovered a relationship between BHT and a rise in cancer in animals and a reduction in cancer in the same animals.
According to their classification method, BHT is classified as “caution” by the Center for Science in the Public Interest. Anyone worried about the substances they are putting into their bodies may want to hold off until more study has been done on BHT.
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat (g) – 3g
- Saturated Fat – 0.5g
- Trans Fat – 0g
- Cholesterol (mg) – 0mg
- Sodium (mg) – 220mg
- Total Carbohydrates (g) – 25g
- Dietary Fiber – 2g
- Sugars – 10g
- Protein (g) – 1g
- Vitamin A – 10%
- Calcium – 10%
- Vitamin B6 – 25%
- Iron- 25%
- Vitamin C – 10%
- Potassium – 1%
- Vitamin D – 10%
- Zinc 25%
Here we have provided a detailed chart for cinnamon toast crunch nutrition facts for your better understanding.
Also, you can try cinnamon toast for a crunchy and nutritious breakfast.
Some Additional Cinnamon Toast Crunch Nutrition Facts
- Crispy whole wheat and rice cereal that has been sweetened. Every mouthful has natural cinnamon and sugar! Guaranteed to be made with whole grain. Dietary fibre, sugar, rice flour, canola and rice bran oil, fructose, maltodextrin, Dextrose, sodium bicarbonate, trisodium phosphate, colour added, and whole-grain wheat are among the ingredients.
- Eight grams or more of whole grain per serving. Consume at least 48 g of whole grains every day. A whole-grain food is created by using all three-grain components in its preparation.
- General Mills promises that each serving of large G cereal has at least 8 grams of whole grain, as determined by the company (48 grams recommended daily).
- As reported by the website Cheatsheet, Cinnamon Toast Crunch is one of the worst morning cereal options if you are health aware and want to keep your sugar consumption under control. It has 200 calories and 10 grams of sugar in a modest portion, making it a healthy choice.
- As you consume a bowl of milk and cereal, probably, you won’t limit yourself to a fair amount (3/4 cup) of each item. It’s simply not doable at this time. According to many types of research, this cereal also has a low nutritional value, as shown by the fact that it contains only trace levels of protein and fibre.
In conclusion, Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal is a sweet and crunchy breakfast option that can provide you with a good source of carbohydrates and fiber. However, it is also high in sugar and has a limited amount of protein and healthy fats. It is important to consider the nutritional information and ingredients before including this cereal in your diet. Additionally, it is always beneficial to pair it with other nutrient-rich foods to ensure a balanced and healthy breakfast.