Flank steak is a nutritious dinner for an entire family. The prime focus is meat, particularly so with beef. Whether you start from steak to burgers, there’s no consumption restriction, and there’s such a beef cut which is incredible for you, and that is ‘flank steak.’
Flank steak is a beef cut enriched with nutrients and loaded with different minerals and vitamins. It additionally tastes astonishing! It is ideal to buy a fresh piece of flank beef as it aids you with keeping away from all of those unhygienic processed beef sausages or corned meat. Furthermore, because it’s red meat, it contains high protein measures, and when cooked accurately, it can be a complete marvel to devour.
The nutritional content of 100 grams of flank steak
The nutritional content of hundred grams of flank steak is:
- Calories: 192
- Total Fat: 8 gram/ 12% of the Daily Value (DV)
- Cholesterol: 79 mg/ 26% of the DV
- Potassium: 339 mg/ 9% of the DV
- Sodium: 56 mg/ 2% of the DV
- Total Carbs: 0 gram/ 0% of the DV
- Protein: 28 gram/ 56% of the DV
- Sugar: 0 gram
- Vitamin B6: 30% of the DV
- Iron: 9% of the DV
- Calcium: 2% of the DV
Let’s go through some fantastic nutrition facts about flank steak
- Flank steak is enriched with protein, and 100 grams of flank steak offers more than half of the daily requirements. Protein aids in the maintenance, development, and growth of cells; hence is called the elementary unit of life.
- Protein is an energy for the brain, a straightforward energy kind for converting into glucose. It is an effortless method to provide power to the body without abandoning deliciousness.
- Flank steak intake also increases the consumption of iron, phosphorus, zinc, and selenium. These crucial minerals offer an essential function- Phosphorus maintains healthy and strong teeth and bones; iron provides mental clarity and energy; zinc strengthens the immune system, and selenium devours the free radicals causing cell harm.
- Flank steak is incredibly flavorful and sizzles with considerable niacin quantity and decent Vitamin B12 and B6 amounts. Altogether, these vital nutrients aid in food into energy conversion, promote healthy digestive and nervous systems and help produce red blood cells.
- Flank steak is a fantastic source of Vitamin B. There is usually a deficiency of B12 in older adults, yet B12 in flank steak aids you in blood formation as well as keeps your nervous system in good health.
- It also contains creatine which is a source of energy to the muscles. On the other hand, taurine aids in maintaining a healthy heart and muscles.
- It has roughly 192 calories per 100 grams of serving, making it a fantastic meat slab with a lower calorie. In addition, it contains over sixty percent water which turns it potentially tender and great steak when cooked rightly.
- You may purchase flank steak of different fat levels according to your taste preferences, making it an ideal beef cut obtainable in the market. Furthermore, it holds various natural trans-fat quantities, a happy and healthy fat for everyone.
- These fats also promote weight loss during several events to eliminate all the holiday weight while having this fantastic meal.
- Flank steak obtained from any grass-feeding cow is the best meat kind for you as it’s a healthier fat kind with a lower fat amount with higher Vitamin E content.
Few additional interesting facts
- Flavors complementing the meaty rick flavor or flank steak comprise red wine, garlic, rosemary, sesame oil, cumin, chili peppers, or soy, plus a blend of all these components turns out to be an excellent choice for sauce or marinade.
- Flank steak ideally matches with tomato-sauce pasta, flavorful greenies like roasted veggies, aromatic pilafs, green salads, kale or broccoli labe, side of farro or couscous.
- These steaks are usually around one foot long, one inch thick, and five or six inches wide. Hence, picking one with uniform thickness is crucial while purchasing a flank steak, even though it appears thick towards the center over the ends.
- The thin size and beefy flavor of flank steak make it ideal for fajitas, included in salads, like the highlight for steak club sandwiches, or even as the substitute for affordable steak when you crave a beef dinner.
- Flank steaks are generally flat and long cut with considerable graining. It is flavorful yet chewy and is characteristically sliced thinly for effortless consumption.
- Flank steak has frequent usage in Asian cuisines and is often traded as ‘stir-fry beef’ in Chinese markets. It is also apportioned in French cooking as the most moderate-rare steak.
Flank steak offers enormous benefits and aids you in maintaining physically able and fit provided that you exercise together with eating correctly. This steak is fantastic for your well-being and health, yet its consumption several times a day surely can lead to severe problems. Therefore, consuming such meats with fruits, veggies, and fiber is better. If you consume meat in the right amount, it’s ideal and essential for the body, but keep in mind not to overeat.