Simply Asia 514 recipe is a noodle recipe from the famous Thai food and noodle bar. Simply Asia has stores located in South Africa and is slowly expanding its roots all over the World. This restaurant offers a unique dining experience to its customers and caters to those on the lookout for authentic, traditional Asian cuisine. It also offers some fusion foods that the customers might enjoy.
Simply Asia 514 Recipe
Listed below are two variations of a popular noodle dish that the restaurant serves. These are based on the recipes prepared in the restaurant kitchens, and though they are not exactly what you would get if you visited the eatery, they will give you something pretty similar. You can add or leave out spices in this dish based on your personal preference.
Simply Asia 514 Recipe 1
This Simply Asia 514 Recipe 1 uses roasted cashews and noodles, as is commonly seen when the dish is served in the restaurant.
Ingredients to make Simply Asia 514 Recipe 1
- 2 packs quick-cooking noodles
- 4-5 chicken fillets, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, cut in quarters
- Red peppers cubed
- Sliced spring onions
- ¼ cup roasted cashews
- 1 tsp green spice rub
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Piri Piri spice rub
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp pad thai sauce
- 2 tbsp oil
Method of Preparation for Simply Asia 514 Recipe 1
- Soak the noodles in boiling water for about 3 minutes. Adhere to the timing as the noodles will get too soft if soaked for longer than that.
- Now take a wok or a large non-stick pan and add the oil to it.
- Once the oil has heated up, add Piri Piri spice and chilli flakes. Let the spices sizzle for a while.
- Now add the chicken strips and toss them around till the meat is no longer pink.
- Now add the onion and let it cook through.
- Next, add the peppers, soya sauce, and pad thai sauce.
- Add in the noodles and toss them around.
- Lastly, add the spring onions and cashews.
Simply Asia 514 Recipe 2
This recipe has peanuts and cashews and uses angel hair noodles in the place of quick-cooking noodles.
Ingredients to make Simply Asia 514 Recipe 2
- 2 onions finely sliced
- Olive oil for frying
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 red chillies, 2 sliced fine, and one kept whole for garnishing
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 1-2 tsp rough red chillies
- ½ cup cashew nuts
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- ⅓ cup peanuts
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 4-5 chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 red, green, and yellow pepper, sliced
- Sugar Snap peas, a handful
- 250 gms angel hair pasta
- Fresh coriander, a handful
Method of Preparation Of Simply Asia 514 Recipe 2
- Immerse the pasta in boiling water for about 5 minutes, and add some salt.
- Once it is soft enough, drain the water and keep the pasta aside. Do not over boil the pasta, or the noodles will get too soft.
- Heat oil in a large wok or a non-stick frying pan.
- Add in the onions, garlic, chilli, spring onions, and rough red chilli. Stir this around for about 5-7 minutes. The onions should be slightly transparent before you proceed to the next step of the recipe.
- Now add the cashews and the sesame seeds. Stir this around for another 5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Now add in the chicken and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Now drop in the peppers and the sugar snap peas and cook for about 10-15 minutes. Do not overcook at this stage, as you will want to keep the peas and the peppers crunchy. This is what will give the noodles their characteristic bite.
- Stir in the past now and cook until everything comes together.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions, fresh coriander, sliced red chillies, and sesame seeds.
Points To Remember While Making Simply Asia 514 Recipe
- You do not want the noodles to overcook as that will make them mushy. Remember that they will cook further when they have pushed around with the other ingredients in the pan. So take them out of the boiling water when they are still slightly undone.
- Roast the cashew nuts and peanuts only till they are fragrant and immediately drop them into an airtight container to add to the dish later.
- Do not slice the chicken too thin, or the strips might break when they are cooking. A quarter of an inch in thickness is good enough.
Thank you for following along with Simply Asia 514 recipe! We hope you enjoyed making and eating this delicious dish. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to reach out. Until next time, happy cooking!