Mind-blowing Veggie Straws Nutrition Facts – Veggie straws are popular, but it is also controversial packaged snack. They are marketed as healthy snacks and fun-consuming vegetables. It is also considered the better alternative to potato chips. But although with the name of veggie, the snacks might not be as healthy as it is being thought. This article will explain whether veggie straws are healthy or not, how they are compared with various chips, and also some fun ways by which you can meet the daily intake of vegetables.
Mind-blowing Veggie Straws Nutrition Facts
The veggie straws are packaged snacks that are salty and crunchy compared with potato chips. There are various brands of veggie straws, but it was started as Garden Veggie Straws produced by Sensible Portions. These are gluten-free certified and kosher products, which boast zero ingredients from the modified organisms and no preservatives and artificial flavours.
Are Veggie Straws Healthy?
To answer this question, let’s see the different veggie straws nutrition facts we have listed below:
- Fat: 7 grams
- Calories: 130
- Carbs: 16 grams
- Protein: 1 gram
- Vitamin A: 0% of the Daily Value (DV)
- Fibre: 0 grams
- Riboflavin (vitamin B2): 0% of the DV
From the above-listed points, you can understand that veggie straws are high in carbs so if you are a person who is in need of high carbs then you definitely go for it. For your reference, we have also provided a detailed chart of veggie straws nutrition facts.
Also. you can buy veggie straws for some delicious and healthy bite.
Amazing Veggie Straws Nutrition Facts
- Veggie straws are advertised and claim that it is healthier than potato chips and contains less than thirty percent fat than the latter.
- The veggie straws are the lowest in calories per serving but don’t vastly different in the total sugar and fat compared with the sweet potato chips, tortilla chips, and potato chips.
- The veggie straws are the snack that had zero grams of fibre and contained less than one gram of protein as per the servings.
- This snack also offers various benefits over the traditional cheese puff and potato chips, but you must know that eating veggie straws cannot be the same as eating fresh vegetables.
- The veggie straws are corn starch, potato flour, potato starch, and various ingredients for unique flavours.
- Veggie straws are a great option to create fantastic snacks at your home.
- Choosing root veggie straws will help you intake more fibre and less sodium.
Some additional amazing Veggie Straws Nutrition Facts
Packaged snacks such as veggie straws are not ideal for meeting your daily vegetable intake, and you can also try out some fantastic natural vegetable straws.
- Raw veggies with dip:- You can even try out carrots with celery or hummus with peanut butter.
- Air-fried veggies:- You can get some crispy texture with natural veggies rather than using veggie powder. Try out lemon and herb cauliflower or pumpkin fries snacks.
- Baked chips: If you do not have an air fryer, you can also bake the chips to achieve a similar outcome. You can even make some veggie straws of baked potato, sweet potato, and beetroot snacks.
- Smoothies:- Another fun way of boosting the veggie intake is to add some straws to the smoothie or even create vegetables, and fruit freezer pops.
- Roasted chickpeas:- The air fryer or oven can make these snacks.
The veggie chips and veggie straws are not the lousy snack choice, but they are not necessarily as healthy as the name implies. If you are looking for a healthy alternative to potato chips, you might better choose potato chips and satisfy your snack cravings. However, if you want something actual veggie, you can select the veggie chips made up of some veggies with oil or salt. Otherwise, to ensure you are getting enough vegetables in your diet, consider snacking on the vegetables such as small peas, tomatoes, peppers, carrots, and cucumbers. They are all delicious veggies paired with a dip such as guacamole, hummus, or any nuts or cheese.