Amazing Wheat Thins Nutrition Facts You Won’t Like To Miss!
Due to the need for time, everyone needs to maintain a healthy diet. Although not everyone follows proper instructions and amounts of nutrients for daily intake, some do. Fitness enthusiasts are the first ones to watch their food habits. Whether you work out to stay in shape, keep your body safe from unnecessary diseases, or build your body, more vital factors exist than working out for hours.
As a health-conscious person, you should always watch what you eat daily. For example, crackers are a popular snack. Who doesn’t want to munch on a thin cracker to satisfy their taste buds and empty stomach? However, people with health issues or diet charts cannot have regular crackers as they have extreme carbs and calories.
However, wheat thins come as an alternative to regular crackers. Since these crackers are thin and made with wheat, it is considered healthy. Such advertisements made it popular among health-conscious people. But the question is whether the thin wheat crackers are healthy or not.
Now, Let’s have a look at the amazing Wheat Thins nutrition facts chart in detail.
Wheat Thins Calories
How many calories are in Wheat Thins? The precise values may be seen below. Let’s try to understand the calorie content in grams in these crackers.
- Serving Size: 16
- Net carbohydrates per serving: 19
- Crackers 16 crackers mean 31g
- Amount of Calories per serving: 140
- Total fat: 5g, Daily value: 8%
- Saturated Fat: 0g, Daily value: 0%
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol : 0mg, Daily value : 0%
- Sodium : 200mg, daily value : 9%
- Total Carbohydrate: 22g, daily value: 7%
- Dietary Fiber : 3g, daily value: 11
- Total Sugars: 5g
- Includes Added Sugars: 4g, daily value: 8%
- Protein: 2g
- Vitamin D : 0mcg , daily value : 0%
- Calcium : 30mg, Daily value : 2%
- Iron : 0.9mg , daily value : 5%
- Potassium : 90mg, daily value : 2%
- Vitamin A : 0mcg, daily value : 0%
- Vitamin C : 0mg, daily value : 0
What is daily value?
Daily value is the number of nutrients in a portion of food contributed to a regular diet.
Here’s a more detailed chart on Wheat Thins nutrition facts for reference.
Also, you can try the Wheat Thins Crackers which are original whole-grain wheat crackers. Evening snacks are made wonderful with Wheat Thins Original 100% Whole Grain Wheat Crackers. Each serving has 21 grams of whole grains, and these thin crackers include no artificial flavours or colours, ensuring that your evening snacks are nutritious. They’re ideal for snacking on while you unwind in the evening.
Health Factors About Wheat Thins Crackers
Recently one question keeps popping up around the world, is wheat thin as healthy as it claims to be? As the name suggests, wheat thins, and it is believed to be aiding weight loss. It is not challenging to guess that wheat thins are made of wheat flour. Therefore, wheat flour is considered healthy by health experts. However, the wheat flour used to make wheat crackers is unbleached raw flour. Raw whole-grain wheat flour contains more fibre than any regular cracker.
It is not the only thing you need to know about wheat thins. Several ingredients are used to make wheat thins in amounts that you may not consider healthy for your diet. It also contains preservatives which made it banned in several growing countries. It contains beneficial nutrients and unhealthy ones as well. It can be tricky to identify whether wheat thins are good for weight loss and fitness. It will be helpful to understand whether you should keep consuming it or not if you learn a few additional facts about these crackers.
Some Interesting Wheat Thins Nutrition Facts
- It takes a lot of ingredients to make thin wheat crackers, and not all of them are what you can consider healthy. Whole grain wheat flour is a healthy ingredient, but it is not the only thing, and that’s the problem. These thin crackers include canola oil and sugar from sweeteners. In addition, it contains loads of corn syrup which is considered one of the unhealthiest ingredients.
- Although you might not realize the amount of salt used to make the popular wheat thins, it’s a lot. Such a high amount of salt can never be healthy for daily servings.
- Someone who is on a diet to lose weight and thinks wheat thins are a healthy option for them may not find it helpful. Wheat-thin crackers contain highly processed ingredients. It contains canola oil, salt, and sweeteners and contains food colouring and flavouring, making it a not-so-healthy food for weight loss.
- Wheat thin crackers contain a high caloric density per serving which is one of the reasons people gain weight. Therefore, consuming wheat-thin crackers without moderation may cause weight gain instead of weight loss.
- Thin wheat crackers do not contain dietary cholesterol, which is good for health. Dietary cholesterol means animal fat which means wheat thins are vegan-friendly. Regardless of the flavour, most wheat-thin crackers are free of animal ingredients. So, if you are looking for vegan products, you can consider wheat thins a good option.
Wheat thins are baked crackers which gives it a positive point. However, the positive and healthy points can never be enough to deny the harmful and unhealthy facts attached to crackers. It is banned in several countries because some ingredients used in it are considered illegal ingredients.