Fat Burning Foods: With adverts shouting out miracle diets in a range of pills and potions or complicated diet plans for which you have to attend classes or buy books and DVDs or celebrities promoting the latest fad diet, it’s good to know that it is possible to lose weight without any of these and in a completely natural way.
By following a healthy diet which combines fat burning foods with other low calorie and highly nutritious foods you can lose weight safely, confidently and easily.
How do Fat Burning Foods Work?
A fat burning food is one that helps you burn more calories than you consume. Essentially, they are negative calorie foods. These foods burn more of the fat than the calorie content of the food consumed.
Fat burning food require more energy for your body to digest than the calories being supplied so the body has to tap into energy stores i.e. fat.
You may also like:
- 12 Best Ways to Lose Weight Naturally
- Best Healthy Green Leafy Vegetables in India
- 10 Healthiest Fish You Can Include in Your Diet
Simply not eating is not the solution for weight loss. If you do not eat enough food eventually your metabolism slows down and your health deteriorates. The metabolic processes need to be fed to work and the key to keeping a healthy body and a good body weight is a healthy diet.
If you feed your body too much, your metabolism is overworked and cannot convert all the calories into energy and it stores the excess as fat. By eating fat burning food you are keeping the metabolic processes supplied with fuel but insufficient for optimum energy production so it taps into those excess fat stores, thereby reducing them.
This process of making your body work harder to digest food is the solid principle upon which a food is able to be described as fat burning. Fat burning foods generally contain a high amount of fibre which is the most difficult food constituent for the body to digest.
In trying to digest the fibre your body releases the necessary energy and if you have eaten the right combination of foods, this energy is more than the energy contained in the meal you’ve just consumed.
Fat doesn’t just dissolve or melt away and no one chemical or synthetic substance eats fat. Fat is reduced by the body converting it into energy. Making it work harder is what fat burning foods do.
This is also why any effective diet recommends additional exercise when trying to lose weight. Exercise requires energy and if calorific fuelling is insufficient, once again, those excess fat stores are tapped into.
Fat Burning Foods Are Also Healthy Foods
Most fat burning foods are generally very good for your overall health because they are packed full of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients.
Examples of Fat Burning Foods
- Vitamin C: Foods high in vitamin C and particularly those high in pectins such as apples and broccoli help restrict the amount of fat that the body can absorb.
- Whole grains: Grains have a high fibre content which the body requires a lot of energy to be able to digest. Oats are particularly efficacious as fat-burning food because they release their energy over a long period of time helping you to feel fuller for longer.
- Hot peppers: Chillies, cayenne and paprika are thermogenic foods. They contain capsaicin which speeds up the heart rate and boosts metabolism.
- Lean proteins: Chicken, turkey, salmon and lean beef are fat burning proteins.
- Calcium rich foods: Calcium stimulates and regulates metabolism so milk is a good inclusion in a fat burning diet.
- Green Tea: As well as being extremely rich in healthy anti-oxidants Green Tea contains a chemical called EGCG that causes the brain and nervous system to run faster and helps you burn more calories.
Fat Burning Foods List:
Fruits: apricots, blackberries, blueberries, cherries, cranberries, grapefruit, grapes, lemons, limes, mangoes, nectarines, peaches, pears, pineapple, raspberries, strawberries, tangerines and watermelon
Vegetables: broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, chives, corn, green beans, leeks, mushrooms, onions, oranges, peas, peppers, pumpkin, radishes, red cabbage, spinach, squash, string beans, turnips and tomatoes
What Losing Weight by Fat Burning Foods Can Do for You
With a good balanced diet that includes fat burning foods you can lose weight to tone specific areas of your body, concentrate on belly fat (what are belly fat burning foods), or improve overall body weight shape and health. It’s easy to put together a plan to follow because it’s just a case of combining fat burning foods with your favourite nutritious foods. Fat burning foods can help you
- lose flab
- lose love handles
- lose face weight
- lose double chin fat
- drop a dress size
- lose belly fat
- lose weight gained during pregnancy
- have more energy
- look and feel better
- look and feel more attractive
- sleep better
- increase your life expectancy
- lower the risk of developing weight related diseases such as high cholesterol, diabetes and heart diseases
Other Considerations When Choosing a Fat Burning Foods Diet
Expecting food to achieve the results you want on their own is unrealistic. You can help the process of losing weight and improve the efficiency of fat burning foods by complimenting your diet by exercising on a regular basis, keeping hydrated and getting a good night’s sleep.
Regular exercise means your body needs more energy and if your energy requirements are less than the calorific value of your food intake those excess pounds will start dropping off.
By staying hydrated your body functions more efficiently and correctly. Water is the best liquid to drink but also, you shouldn’t just wait until you are thirsty to have a drink. If you experience thirst your body is already telling you it is dehydrated. Drink regularly throughout the day.
Sleep is good for overall health and it also regenerates your body.
Pro tip: If you follow a diet of fat burning foods and your favourite healthy foods, drink regularly, take exercise and get enough rest you will not only lose weight but your overall health will improve.