Butter Chicken Recipe: India is full of awesome recipes for non-vegetarian people as well as vegetarian people. But among all the non-vegetarian food items butter chicken or murgh makhani is one of the most famous dishes of all time.
Butter Chicken is quite popular throughout the world because of its aromatic flavour and simple but spicy and juicy taste. If you come to India and don’t taste butter chicken then it will be a wasted tour for you.
You may also like: Top 10 Famous Indian Non-Vegetarian Dishes
The chicken is marinated with yogurt batter which is the most important step to make butter chicken. There is some certain reason why the dish is called butter chicken.
It was made for the first time by Kundan Lal Gujral back in 1948 in Northern India. The dish was inspired by the British style tikka masala. The name of this delicious food item is butter chicken because it is made with buttery gravy with some cream to make it smooth and silky.
Some of the restaurants are there who use a lot of water in it to make it thick but that is not quite healthy for you.
So there is another healthy version then the former one where ghee is used or sometimes half portion of normal butter and oil is used to create the gravy. The cream is added at last to give the desired richness the dish demands. Sometimes that is quite spicy and hot in taste and sometimes it is made a bit less spicy especially for the kids.
The detailed recipe of Butter Chicken’s, famous food item of Northern India in the non-vegetarian category is given below.
Butter Chicken Recipe Ingredients:
- Boneless and skinless chicken breasts 350 gms
- Plain Yogurt 1 tablespoon
- Ginger paste 2 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 2 teaspoon
- 1 big onion chopped
- 2 full-size tomato paste
- Oil 1 tablespoon
- Butter 3 tablespoon
- Garam Masala 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Kashmiri Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Whipped cream 1 tablespoon
- Water 1 cup
Butter Chicken Recipe Preparation Method:
- At first, you need to create the marinade by mixing up plain yogurt, ginger, and garlic by blending them properly.
- Then you need to marinate the chicken breasts for around 20 minutes and leave it overnight if possible. The reason for keeping it marinated for a long time is to give it time to get tender.
- Then you need to sear the chicken breast in your pan and leave the small charred pieces in the pan itself because it makes the gravy more powerful by the flavour of the chicken.
- Now you need to make the curry in the same pan itself. First of all, you will need to fry some onion in that Pan by some oil or butter whatever you prefer.
- Then add some tomatoes along with all the spices and keep it to get dry for 10 or 15 minutes. If the whole gravy gets too dry then add some water in it.
- Lastly, you need to add the cooked chicken breast in it along with whipped cream to get the real aroma of butter chicken.
- You can also add some more water if you want more taste in it.
So this was all about the full recipe of butter chicken. These recipes show simply that you will get all the ingredients in normal local grocery shops and you can make it at home with ease. It can be served with some basmati rice or paratha to get the best out of it.