Traeger brisket recipe is the best brisket recipe that is available out there you just have to try it. The Traeger is a type of grill that runs on wood pellets. It is quite easy and straightforward to operate as you just have to fill the hopper with the wood pellets and select your temperature. It allows you to go from ‘smoke’ to 450 degrees F. It is the world’s number 1 selling wood-fired grill and is just fantastic to cook a brisket.
Traeger beer-braised brisket recipe
Check the following details to know more about Traeger Brisket recipe
Ingredients to make Traeger Brisket Recipe
- Beef brisket 6 lb
- Traeger prime rib rub 2 tbsp
- Bacon ½ lb
- Chopped onions 2
- Diced garlic 4 cloves
- Chopped tomatoes 28 oz
- Chilli sauce 12 oz
- Beef broth 2 cups
- Brown sugar 1 cup
- Apple cider vinegar ¼ cup
- Beer 1 bottle
Equipment needed to cook Traeger Brisket Recipe
- Traeger grill
- Plastic wrap
- Large baking dish
- Aluminum foil
- Applewood pellets
How to make Traeger Brisket Recipe?
- Start by preheating the Traeger grill to 180 degrees F with the lid closed for at least 15 mins.
- Take the brisket and season it with a 1.5 tbsp prime rib rub and make sure that all sides of the brisket are well covered with the rub.
- Place the brisket on the grill and close the lid and allow to smoke for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove the brisket from the grill and wrap tightly using plastic wrap.
- Once tightly wrapped in the plastic wrap, place it in the refrigerator overnight. This overnight refrigeration helps to intensify the flavor.
- The following day, set the grill temperature to high and preheat with the lid closed for 15 mins.
- Unwrap the brisket and place it on the grill with the fat side up.
- Grill for 10 mins on each side until both sides develop grill marks.
- Now place a skillet on high heat and fry up the bacon until golden and crisp.
- In the same skillet, add in the onions and garlic and cook until soft.
- Now add in the tomatoes, beef broth, chili sauce, brown sugar, and ½ tsp of the prime rib rub and mix well and allow to come to a simmer.
- Place the brisket in a large baking dish with the fat side up and spoon the sauce over it.
- Now reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Cover the brisket with aluminum foil and place it in the grill and close the lid and cook for 1.5 hours.
- After 1.5 hours, pour the beer into the baking dish and cook with the lid closed for an additional 1.5 hours.
- Remove from the grill once the internal temperature of the brisket reaches 203 degrees F.
- Place the brisket on a cutting board and allow to rest for 15 mins.
- Add the juices from the baking dish to a saucepan along with apple cider vinegar and allow it to boil until it reduces to a sauce-like consistency and remove it from the heat.
- Slice the brisket and drizzle with the sauce and serve.
Traeger smoked brisket recipe
Ingredients to make Smoked Traeger Brisket Recipe
- Garlic powder 2 tbsp
- Onion powder 2 tbsp
- Paprika 2 tbsp
- Chilli powder 2 tsp
- Salt ⅓ cup
- Ground black pepper ⅓ cup divided
- Whole packer brisket 1 trimmed
- Beef broth 1.5 cup
- Aluminum foil
- Apple BBQ wood pellets
How to make Traeger Smoked Brisket Recipe?
- Start by preheating the Traeger grill to 225 degrees F with the lid closed for at least 15 mins.
- In a large bowl, add garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well and set it aside.
- Now season the Traeger Brisket Recipe well with this rub making sure that all the ends are well covered.
- Place the brisket with the fat side down on the grill and cook for at least 6 hours until the brisket reaches a temperature of 160 degrees F.
- Once it is done, double wrap the brisket in aluminum foil and pour the broth into the foil packet carefully.
- Place the brisket back on the grill and let it cook for another 3 hours at least until it reaches an internal temperature of 204 degrees F.
- Once done, unwrap the foil and let the brisket rest for at least 15 mins.
- Slice the brisket against the grain and serve.
We hope you liked our Traeger Brisket Recipe. For more such recipes information, follow our Blog, foodiewish.com.