Try This Rajasthani Recipe: Bafla Bati
Bafla Bati Recipe: Traditional, Bafla Bati is a famous cuisine of Madhya Pradesh, but over time, the recipe gained much popularity in Rajasthan as well.
Type: Bafla Bati Recipe, Bafla Bati, Indian Food
Cuisine: Bafla Bati Recipe, Bafla Bati, Indian Food
Keywords: bafla bati, bafla bati recipe, how to make bafla bati
Preparation Time: 20 Mins
Cooking Time: 15 Mins
Total Time: 35 Mins
Bafla Bati Recipe: Traditional, Bafla Bati is a famous cuisine of Madhya Pradesh, it is highly preferred in Indore and nearby regions, but over time, the recipe gained much popularity in Rajasthan as well. You don’t need oven or tandoor to cook this recipe; you can simply prepare it in pan or tawa as well.
This recipe can be eaten as a meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner, or can prepare it as a snack.
You may also like: Quick Breakfast Option: Rava Upma Recipe
If you are making it for a meal, then you can cook spicy daal or dum aloo with that and for snack, you can have it with green coriander chutney as well. This is the must-try recipe, here is the detailed recipe:-
Bafla Bati Recipe Ingredients:
• Wheat Flour – 2 Cup
• Suji – ½ Cup
• Curd – 1/3 Cup
• Ghee – 2 Tablespoon
• Salt – 1/3 Tablespoon
• Water – 5-6 Cup
• Cumin seed – ½ Tablespoon
• Carom seed – ½ Tablespoon
• Baking Soda – 1/3 Tablespoon
Bafla Bati Recipe Preparation:
• Knead the dough first. Take wheat flour in the bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well.
• Prefer to take warm water to knead the dough, by doing so, the dough will remain soft.
• Prepare the dough as same as you prepare for chapatti.
• Allow it to rest for 20 – 25 minutes.
• Check the dough now and apply a very little amount of ghee on that. Don’t apply too much ghee.
• Take a pan, add 5 cup water, cover it and allow it to boil.
• Divide the dough in equal portion, make a roll of each portion and gently press it. Make the shape similar to Aloo Tikki.
• Check the water. If the water has perfectly boiled, then put the bati in boiling water. Always put them one by one.
• Allow it to cook for 15-16 minutes.
• When they start to cook, they will come to the top of the pan.
• Gently flip the bati.
• Turn off the gas and take out all the bati in a plate.
• Rest it for 15 – 20 minutes.
• Now a tawa or pan, heat it, apply ghee and place each bati on the tawa.
• Cook it for 5 minutes, flip the side and cook another side for 5 minutes.
• Repeat the process, till both the sides turn brown.
• Take them on a plate and apply a generous amount of ghee to it.
• Bafla Bati is ready to serve now. The best suitable option is spicy daal but you can try this recipe with spicy dum aloo as well.
• Keep that in mind, while cooking that always put bati in perfectly boiled water. If you do not put them in highly boiled water, they may stick to the pan.
• Also, note that prepares the soft dough and use warm water to prepare the dough.
• If you take, all the ingredients in the above-mentioned proportion, then you will be able to make around 10 – 11 bati, so you can take the ingredients accordingly.