The green tea shot recipe is a sweet and sour whiskey-based cocktail that takes on a greenish hue. Light and refreshing, it is likely to become your favourite summertime cocktail. The classic Green Tea Shot or “Jameson Green Tea” is a famous whiskey-based cocktail with peach schnapps. It does not contain green tea but is called so due to its light green color resembling a brewed green teacup. While the name itself is misleading, it is the perfect balance of sweet and sour.
The Jameson whiskey company invented these little green glasses of delight and gained popularity around 2011 in the USA, specifically in Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Ohio, before catching on in Canada, India, and the rest of Asia.
What Do Green Tea Shots Taste Like?
Green tea shots are smooth and tasty, considering how much alcohol goes into them. This is due to the addition of peach schnapps which gives it a fruity taste. People who don’t care for whiskey can enjoy it because peach is the predominant taste.
If you plan to make it in any glass other than a shot glass, include a lot of ice. This will dilute the taste slightly, giving it a pleasantly cool temperature as you sip on it. No matter their size, Green tea shots are served chilled, thus making it an excellent choice for warm summer nights.
When Are They Usually Served?
Since green tea shots are green and usually contain Jameson Irish Whiskey, they are the cocktail of choice for a St Patrick’s day party. And since we know all too well that drinking on an empty stomach is not the smartest thing to do,hors d’oeuvres like smoked shrimp and deviled eggs are your go-to food if you plan on having a party.
Also, check Chefiso Green Tea Shot Recipe
What Are The Ingredients Of the Green Tea Shot Recipe?
- Jameson Irish Whiskey: The green tea shot was invented by the Jameson whiskey company; hence it is the recommended choice of whiskey, but of course, you can use other whiskey brands for this recipe.
- Sour mix: Sour mix is a pre-made cocktail mix available in most liquor stores. It combines equal parts lemon and lime juice with some simple syrup.
- Peach Schnapps: Peach Schnapps is a grain spirit that has been flavored with sugar, spices, and fruit.
- Lemonade or Sprite: A drink containing lemony goodness gives a lime flavor to this drink.
The Nutritional Content of a Green Tea Shot
For a bit of drink, this green tea shot is packed with a lot of sugar. Most of the sugars come from the soda and lemonade, but if you limit your shots to one, that should be enough to keep you from regretting your drink choice the following day.
- Servings – 2 oz.
- Calories – 280
- Total Fat – 11 g
- Cholesterol – 25 mg
- Sodium – 360 mg
- Total Carbs – 34 g
- Dietary Fiber – 4 g
- Sugar – 23 g
- Protein – 11 g
Green Tea Shot Ingredients
- 0.5 oz Jameson Irish Whiskey
- 0.5 oz Peach Schnapps
- 0.5 oz Sour Mix
- A splash of Sprite
- or Lemonade
What do you need to make Green Tea Shots?
- Jigger – A small measuring cup meant for cocktail ingredients.
- Cocktail Shaker – A container for cocktails to hold components that must be shaken to be mixed.
- Strainer – A specific filter commonly used to separate the cocktail itself from the ice.
- Shot Glass – Glassware holds an amount of cocktail that can be drunk with a gulp or a “shot.”
Steps to make Green Tea Shots
- Using a jigger, pour equal amounts of whiskey, peach schnapps, and sour mix into a shaker and fill it with ice.
- Now cover the shaker and shake vigorously.
- Strain into shot glasses and top it off with lemonade or Sprite.
Variations of the Green Tea Shot
- Vegas bomb – A vegas bomb is similar to a green tea shot since it uses whiskey and peach schnapps, just like the Green Tea shot, followed by Malibu, Red Bull, and cranberry juice.
- Whiskey sour apple shots – Whiskey sour apple shots are another variation of the green tea shot that uses whiskey and sour lime mix with the addition of cranberry juice and sour apple pucker.
There you have it, a simple and refreshing Green Tea Shot recipe to boost your energy and health. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different flavors and ingredients to create your own unique blend. Enjoy your green tea shots and keep sipping for a healthier and happier you!