Halwai Style Balushahi Recipe
Halwai Style Balushahi Recipe: Balushai is the traditional doughnut-shaped sweet. White flour balls dipped in the sugar syrup.
Type: Halwai Style Balushahi Recipe, Sweets Recipe, Indian Sweets
Cuisine: Halwai Style Balushahi Recipe
Keywords: balushahi recipe, halwai style balushahi, how to make balushahi
Preparation Time: 15M
Cooking Time: 45M
Total Time: 1H
Halwai Style Balushahi Recipe: Balushai is the traditional doughnut-shaped sweet. White flour balls dipped in the sugar syrup. They are as soft as the halwa. Many people wonder making it is a tough task, although a tricky affair but you can easily make it at home.
All the ingredients are available in almost everyone’s kitchen, so no extra effort to assemble the ingredients.
You may also love these delicious Indian sweets recipes
- Traditional Gulab Jamun Recipe with Khoya
- Perfect Appetizing Recipe – Chena Murki
- Soft and Sponge Rasgulla Recipe
- Indian Festive Sweets Kaju Katli Recipe
- Instant, Crispy and Juicy Jalebi Recipe
This sweet is available all the twelve months in almost every sweets shop. The inside layer is soft and little flaky while the outside coating is a little crispy.
Follow these steps with the exact measurement, and make the Halwai-style Balushai, that will leave you astounding.
- Servings: 16 Pieces
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Course: Sweet Dish
- Cuisine: Indian
- Equipment: Pan, Ladle and a bowl
- Calories: 132 Calories/Piece
Halwai Style Balushahi Recipe Ingredients
- Sugar – 500 Grams
- Water – 250 ML
- Ghee – Generous amount for deep frying
- Baking Soda – 2 Pinch
- Curd – 1 Tablespoon
- White Flour – 100 Grams and 3 tablespoon extra
- Pistachio – 3-4, chopped length-wise
Halwai Style Balushahi Recipe Preparation:
Sugar Syrup –
- Start the preparation by making the sugar syrup first.
- Take a pan; add 500 grams sugar or two and a half cups sugar. Add 250 ML or 1 and ¼ cup water in it.
- Keep the flame low. Let the sugar dissolve in water, stir in between to avoid the crystallization of sugar.
- Boil it for further 2-3 minutes and the syrup is ready.
Steps to Prepare the Dough –
- Take the exact quantity as mentioned. In a bowl, add ¼ cup melted ghee. Add ¼ cup water, 2 pinch baking powder, and 1 teaspoon curd. Mix them well.
- In this mixture add 100 grams or 1 cup white flour. Mix them well.
- Sieve the white flour before using it. Now knead the dough same way, you knead the wheat flour to prepare chapatti.
- While kneading, add 3 tablespoons dry white flour and now prepare the soft dough.
- Keep it aside for 5 minutes.
Final Preparation of Balushahi Recipe
- Divide the dough into four equal parts. Now take one part and roll it length-wise.
- Now further divide it into 4 parts. Take 1 piece and make a round ball. Gently roll it, press it a bit, and with the help of finger make a hole in between it.
- Similarly, prepare all the balls.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, keep the flame low.
- Drop-in four balls one by one in the warm ghee.
- Do not flip it; allow it to come at the top of the pan.
- Once they come up, flip the side; fry till both sides turn brown.
- Now directly place the balls in the sugar syrup.
- Leave it in the syrup for four minutes, now flip the side and leave for another 4 minutes.
- Take them on a plate and garnish it with the chopped pistachio.
- Balushai is ready to serve.
- Dip the balushai in the lukewarm syrup. So better to prepare the syrup first.
- Do not leave the balushai for longer in the syrup, otherwise, they make break.
- Fry the balls at the low flame, or else it may not cook properly from inside.
- Once they start to float at the top, then increase the flame a little more.
- It may take around 5 minutes to fry from one side.