Healthy Peachy Iced Green Tea Recipe
Peachy Iced Green Tea Recipe: We hear and read so much about how the antioxidants in green tea are nutritionally and healthily beneficial.
Type: Iced Green Tea Recipe, Iced Green Tea, Green Tea Recipe
Cuisine: Iced Green Tea Recipe, Iced Green Tea, Green Tea Recipe
Keywords: iced green tea recipe, iced green tea, peach green tea
Preparation Time: 10 Mins
Cooking Time: 5 Mins
Total Time: 15 Mins
Peachy Iced Green Tea Recipe: We hear and read so much about how the antioxidants in green tea are nutritionally and healthily beneficial. Then of course there are the claims as how they are a superfood and can help you lose weight when following a low fat or low calorie diet.
You may also like: Easy Dinner Recipe for Summer Spinach Salad
It’s so good because it raises your metabolic rate and also speeds up fat oxidation. If you aren’t a tea drinker or are not a fan of herbal teas, green tea might seem inaccessible, so how about a recipe that makes it eminently drinkable?
This iced tea makes the use of green tea but brings in a harmonious complement with the sweet peaches. This makes the perfect drink for a summer barbecue or alfresco dining.
So, you getting great flavour, loads of those special antioxidants and it’s a perfect drink to include in any healthy eating regime.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Serves: 6 persons
- Energy: 30 calories per serving
- Large teapot or pitcher
Peachy Iced Green Tea Recipe Ingredients
- 6 green tea teabags
- 6 cups cold water
- 2 ripe peaches
- Sweetener of choice
Peachy Iced Green Tea Recipe Preparation
- Put the teabags into a large teapot or heatproof pitcher
- Slice the peaches and discard the stones
- Put the peaches in a saucepan and add the water.
- Bring to a rapid boil.
- Pour the boiled water and peaches over the teabags.
- Allow to stand for at least 6 minutes then remove the tea bags.
- Add a sweetener of your choice – avoid sugar, some suggestions are honey, maple syrup and any liquid of crystal artificial sugar substitute
- Allow the tea to cool then put in the fridge to chill.
- Serve by spooning a few peach slices into glasses and then pour over the liquid.
Garnish with a sprig of mint or a wedge of line.