How to Make Samosa at Home | Easy Samosa Recipe | Foodiewish
How to Make Samosa: Samosa is a well-known tea time snack across the country. Usually stuffed with spicy potatoes mix, the recipe was originated in Middle..
Type: Snacks, Samosa, Indian Street Food, Street Food, North Indian Street Food
Cuisine: Snacks, Samosa, Indian Street Food, Street Food, North Indian Street Food
Keywords: how to make samosa, aloo samosa recipe, Easy Samosa Recipe
Preparation Time: 05M
Cooking Time: 30M
Total Time: 35M
How to Make Samosa: Samosa is a well-known tea time snack across the country. Usually stuffed with spicy potatoes mix, the recipe was originated in Middle-east but with time gained popularity in India as well.
You may also like: Market Style Aloo Tikki Burger Recipe
We all are tempted towards street food, but some street foods are easy and quick to make whereas some are trick to cook. Samosa is one of the tricky recipes, but yes, if you prepare it thoroughly and keep in mind all the tricks, you will come up with a very delicious dish.
In this post, I am going to share the aloo samosa recipe along with the tricks to make crunchy and crispy samosa.
Easy Samosa Recipe Ingredients:
- Maida – 2 Cup
- Oil – generous amount to fry.
- Carom seeds – ½ Tablespoon
- Salt – 1 tablespoon
- Water – 1 cup
- Green chilli – 2-3, finely chopped
- Garlic – 1 inch, grated
- Potatoes – 4
- Coriander powder – 1 tablespoon
- Garam Masala – ½ Tablespoon
- Cumin powder – ½ Tablespoon
- Red chilli – ½ tablespoon
- Amchur powder – ¼ tablespoon
- Peas – ½ cup
- Coriander leaves – 2-3 tablespoon
How to Make Samosa – Preparation:
✅ Start by preparing the dough. Take 2 cup maida, add ½ tablespoon salt.
✅ Add ½ tablespoon carom seeds; crush it with your hands.
👉 Note: Carom seeds will give a nice flavour.
✅ Add 4 tablespoon oil and mix well.
👉 Note: always check the proportionate of maida and oil. If you are using 1 cup maida, then add 2 tablespoon oil. This proportion is very important to make crispy samosa.
✅ Use warm water in winter to prepare the dough. In summers, you can use normal water. Knead the stiff and hard dough.
👉 Note: knead a bit hard dough; don’t knead the soft dough as you prepare for chapatti.
✅ Use minimum water to prepare the dough, keep it aside for 20 – 30 minutes, so that it may absorb all the water.
👉 Note: you can keep it aside for 2-3 hours as well. The more you keep it, the more it will become crispy.
✅ Now prepare the stuffing for samosa.
✅ Take a pan, add 1 tablespoon oil and heat it. Add 2-3 green chillies and ginger and roast it.
✅ Now add peas, add 1 tablespoon water, cover the pan and wait till the peas get tender.
✅ Add potatoes, don’t use the grater to crush the potatoes, crush the potatoes with your hand, and put it in the pan.
👉 Note: If you grate the potato in grater the stuffing will not become good.
✅ Add ¾ tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon coriander powder, ½ tablespoon garam masala, ½ tablespoon cumin powder, ½ tablespoon red chilli powder, ¼ tablespoon amchur powder. Mix all the ingredients well.
✅ Stir it and roast it well.
✅ Roast till all the water evaporates.
👉 Note: if you leave the moisture in stuffing, the samosa will become soggy.
- Add coriander leaves and allow it to cool.
- Now the dough is set, divide the dough in a small portion.
- Using the chapatti roller, roll it in an oval shape.
👉 Note: Do not roll much thick or thin. Roll it evenly.
✅ Divide it into 2 equal parts. Apply some water (just like you apply glue to the paper) to the line from where you divided the roll.
👉 Note: we apply water so that surface can stick and the samosa will not open while frying
✅ Give it a cone shape. And press both the ends using your fingers and thumb till the end.
- Add stuffing, keep some space, and do not fill it completely.
- Apply water to both the dead ends.
- Twist a bit and make a plate to backside of the samosa and now paste both the sides together.
- Similarly assemble all the samosa.
- Keep aside all the assembled samosa for about 2 hours, so that they can further get dry.
- Now take a pan, and the oil should be medium hot.
👉 Note: we do not use very hot oil to fry the samosa, use medium-hot oil to fry.
✅ Keep the flame low and put the samosa in the pan.
✅ Keep it in the same position for about 5 minutes; do not stir it at least for 5 minutes otherwise, the samosa may open.
- Now stir it, and fry till they get brown.
- If you want to fry another batch of samosa, turn off the gas, and let the oil cool.
- After that keep the stove at low flame repeat the process.
- Samosa is ready to serve.
Serve it with sweet or green chutney.
I have shared the tips and tricks with each step. Try this recipe. Good Luck!
Foodie’s also search for
vegetable samosa recipe
mashed potato samosa recipe
indian samosa recipe
vegetable samosa recipe step by step
samosa filling ideas
indian vegetable samosa recipe
We hope you liked our Easy Samosa Recipe. For more such recipes follow our Blog foodiewish.com