Delicious Kerala Mutton Curry
Kerala Mutton Curry is one of the delicious recipe, in which mutton is cooked with coconut milk, making it a flavoursome dish.
Type: South Indian Dish, Kerala Mutton Curry Recipe
Cuisine: South Indian Dish, Kerala Mutton Curry Recipe, Mutton Curry Recipe
Keywords: kerala mutton curry, kerala mutton curry recipe, coconut mutton curry
Preparation Time: 15M
Cooking Time: 45M
Total Time: 1H
Kerala Mutton Curry is one of the delicious recipe, in which mutton is cooked with coconut milk, making it a flavoursome dish. It is very popular in South India especially in Kerala, where they use a lot of coconut products in their recipes. Coconut is very good for health also.
You may also like:
- Aromatic and Delicious Methi Chicken Recipe
- Traditional Hyderabadi Mutton Dum Biryani
- Easy Maharashtrian Chicken Curry Recipe
- Traditional Bengali Doi Katla Recipe
In this curry, I have not used ready made coconut milk, instead, I prepared it at home, by blending the coconut pieces.
- Preparation time: 20 mins
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Serves: 2
Kerala Mutton Curry Recipe Ingredients:
- 250 grams Mutton
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsps red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp fennel powder
- 3-4 table spoons oil
- 4 cloves
- 2″ cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp mutton masala
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 1/4 bunch coriander leaves
Kerala Mutton Curry Recipe Preparation:
- Wash mutton and marinate it with ginger-garlic paste, half of the red chili powder, turmeric powder, lemon juice, salt, half of the coriander powder and fennel powder; then mix it well and keep it aside atleast 1 hour.
- In between we can prepare coconut milk for curry. For that cut coconut in to small pieces and blend it for fine paste. Add water and filter it then keep the coconut milk aside.
- Now pressure cook the marinated mutton for 20 mins in medium flame and keeps it aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan and add cloves, cinnamon stick, star anise, green cardamom and cumin seeds then fry them for 1 minute.
- Now add chopped onions and fry them until the onions becoming golden brown color. Then add boiled mutton in to a pan and mix well.
- Then add remaining chilli powder, coriander powder, mutton masala, and coconut milk then mix well and close the lid. Let it cook for another 10-15 mins in low flame.
- Finally add chopped coriander and switch off the flame.
Serve coconut mutton with plain rice or chapati.
We hope you liked our Kerala Mutton Curry Recipe. For more such recipes follow our Blog foodiewish.com