- Advertisement -
Lamb Ribs recipe are actually an inexpensive cut of lamb that is similar to pork spare ribs. This meat consists of muscle and fat and a bit of bone making it very flavorful. This Lamb Ribs Recipe’s particular cut is perfect for braising and grilling.
Garlic And Brown Sugar Lamb Ribs
Ingredients for Lamb Ribs Recipe (Garlic & Brown Sugar)
- Lamb ribs 2 kg
- Olive oil 3 tbsp
- Minced garlic 6 cloves
- Chopped rosemary 1 tbsp
- Chicken broth ⅓ cup
- Brown sugar 3 tbsp
- Fresh rosemary 5 sprigs
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Chopped green onions for garnish
How to Prepare Lamb Ribs Recipe?
- Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season the lamb ribs on both sides with salt and pepper and set them aside.
- Now heat a cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat and once it is hot, pour in the olive oil
- Place the lamb ribs on the skillet and sear on both sides until golden brown, this should take about 7 mins.
- Remove the lamb ribs from the skillet and place them on a plate and cover with foil.
- In the same skillet, add in the minced garlic and saute for 30 secs on medium heat.
- Now add in the chopped rosemary and saute for 30 secs.
- Then add in the brown sugar and the broth and stir until the sugar dissolves completely
- Keep stirring on medium-high heat for at least 5 mins or until the sauce thickens slightly and season with salt and pepper.
- Then add the lamb ribs back to the skillet and cover with the sauce.
- Add a few sprigs of rosemary, cover the skillet with foil and transfer to the oven for 10 mins.
- Once done, garnish with the green onions and serve.
Tips And Tricks while Preparing Lamb Ribs Recipe
- If you desire a spicier taste, add some sliced jalapenos or even some chili flakes to the mixture.
- You can cook the lamb ribs in an instant pot by putting the lamb ribs in the instant pot along with the brown sugar mixtures and cooking it under pressure for at least 20 mins.
- You can even cook the lamb ribs in a crockpot by placing the meat in the crockpot and covering it with the mixture. Then cook it on low for 6 hours or on high for at least 3 hours.
Roasted Lamb Ribs With A Mint Sauce
Ingredients for Roasted Lamb Ribs With A Mint Sauce
- Lamb ribs 1.5 kg
- Dried oregano 3 tsp
- Ground cumin 2 tsp
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- Salt ½ tsp
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
For the Mint Sauce
- Finely crumbled feta cheese 60g
- Chopped mint leaves ¼ cup
- Garlic powder ½ tsp
- Greek yogurt 200g
How to Prepare Roasted Lamb Ribs With A Mint Sauce?
- Start by preheating the oven to 150 degrees C
- Add the dried oregano, ground cumin, lemon zest, salt, and olive oil into a large bowl and mix well to make a marinade.
- Now add the lamb ribs to this bowl and coat it well with the marinade.
- Allow the lamb ribs to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Place a wire rack over a baking tray. this helps to collect the excess fat that is rendered out of the ribs.
- Now place the lamb ribs in the baking tray in a single line leaving at least an inch between each piece.
- Let it cook for at least 1.5 hours until it is tender.
- While the ribs are cooking, start making the mint sauce by combining the feta, mint leaves, garlic powder, and yogurt in a small bowl.
- Mix the sauce well and set it aside.
- Serve the ribs with the mint sauce
Lamb Ribs In Wine
Ingredients for Lamb Ribs In Wine
- Lamb ribs 3.5 lb
- Chopped onions 2
- Dry white wine 1 cup
- Soy sauce 1/4 cup
- Lemon juice ¼ cup
- Honey 1 tbsp
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Minced Garlic 2 tsp
- Ground cinnamon 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Black pepper 1 tsp
How to Prepare Lamb Ribs In Wine?
- Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F
- Place the Lamb Ribs in a baking tray
- Prepare a marinade of the onions, wine, soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, olive oil, garlic, cinnamon, and salt and black pepper in a bowl.
- Pour this mixture over the Lamb Ribs, cover it with foil and let it marinate for 1 hour.
- Place the lamb ribs in the oven and let them cook for 1.5 hours.
- Serve with a side of steamed vegetables.
Lamb ribs are a delicacy that are both flavorful and tender. Whether slow-cooked with your favorite seasonings or grilled to perfection, these ribs are a treat for any meat lover. So go ahead, grab a rack and savor the juicy, succulent flavor of lamb ribs today!
- Advertisement -