Matar Kulcha Recipe: Delhi special street food Chole Kucha/Matar Kulcha is delicious and easy to make at home. You can have Matar with the paranthas, Romali roti, or naan as well.
This is a healthy breakfast option. Matar is made from the combination of different spices and vegetables, it is also known as “Matar Chaat”.
You may also like: Delhi’s Famous Addictive Food Ram Laddu Recipe
Try this recipe as a breakfast. You can customize it according to your taste as well; this breakfast option is even loved by kids.
Matar Recipe Ingredients
- Matar/Chole – 1 Cup
- Tomatoes – 3 Tablespoon
- Onions – 3 Tablespoon
- Green Chili – ½
- Red Chili Powder – ½ Tablespoon
- Yellow Chili Powder – ½ Tablespoon (Optional)
- Black Pepper – ½ Tablespoon
- Roasted Cumin Seeds Powder – 1 Tablespoon
- Chaat Masala – 1 Tablespoon
- Coriander Powder – 1 Tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Black Salt – ½ Tablespoon
- Lemon – ½
- Dry Mango Powder – 1 Tablespoon
- Green Coriander Leaves – 1 tablespoon
Matar Kulcha Recipe Preparation
- Soak the Matar overnight. At least for 4-5 hours.
- Boil them in the pressure cooker for 5-6 whistles, so that they get tender.
- Take them in a bowl, allow them to cool.
- Start adding all the above-mentioned ingredients.
- Add chopped tomatoes, onions, green chilli, red chilli powder, yellow chilli powder (this is optional), black pepper, roasted cumin seeds powder, chaat masala, coriander powder, salt, and black salt, give them a nice mix.
- Prepare an amchur water. Take a bowl adds 1 tablespoon amchur powder and add 3 tablespoon water. Mix them well.
- Add them in a Matar. Now squeeze ½ lemons in it.
- Mix well and garnish it with green coriander leaves.
- Matar is ready.
Kulcha Recipe Ingredients
- Maida – 2 Cup
- Curd – 4 Tablespoon
- Baking Powder – 1 small spoon
- Baking Soda – 1 small spoon
- Salt – ½ Tablespoon
- Butter – 2 Tablespoon
- Water – 1 Cup
Kulcha Recipe Preparation
- Take 2 cups maida in the bowl; add curd, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add ½ tablespoon salt and 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Mix them well.
- Prepare soft dough of it. Keep it aside for 45 minutes.
- Make small balls of the dough and gently roll it.
- Using a rolling pin, make a chappati.
- Do not dust it, if it sticks use oil
- With the help of hands, apply some water on the upper side of the kulcha.
- Put some coriander leaves on it and roll with the soft hands.
- Place a pan on the stove, and put the kulcha on the medium-hot pan.
- While placing on the pan, apply some water on the backside of the kulcha as well.
- Cover the pan and let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Keep the flame medium.
- Once it gets golden brown, flip the side and cook it from another side as well.
- Apply butter on the kulcha and it is ready to serve.
Serve the kulcha with the Matar chaat along with the pickles, onions, and green chutney.