Moonshine Pickles Recipes
Moonshine Pickles is a brand known for dill pickles. Ole Smokey is one of their popular flavours, which is cucumbers soaked and pickled in dill flavouring.
How are Moonshine Pickles eaten?
These pickles can be enjoyed by themselves or as an accompaniment to your regular meals to add some spice and zing.
Using them in cocktails is another latest trend that has caught on. In fact, there are some shots too that are dedicated especially to them.
Can they be made at home?
Though it may sound intimidating, making these pickles at home is not a herculean task. All you need is a few tips and tricks, and if you plan to repeat the process, you are sure to get better with time.
The best part about making them at home is that you have total control over the ingredients and can make them as spicy or sour as you like. You also know exactly what is going into your bottle of a pickle, so there is absolutely no fear of adulteration or excessive use of preservatives.
- 6-8 pickling cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 10 sprigs of fresh dill
- 1 tbsp whole black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp whole mustard seeds
- Garlic, as per taste
- Roughly 600 ml of moonshine
Method of Preparation Of Moonshine Pickles Recipe
- Put all the ingredients except the moonshine into a mason jar.
- Pour moonshine over the jar. Make sure the ingredients are completely drowned in the liquid.
- Keep aside in a cool and dark place. Leave undisturbed for 7 days. Shake the jar once a day to make sure nothing settles at the bottom.
Tips To Make The Perfect Moonshine Pickle At Home
- You will need double the volume of cucumbers compared to the volume of pickles you intend to be preparing. For example, two pounds of cucumbers will yield 1 pound of a pickle.
- Choose cucumbers that are small, tender, and the ones that look young.
- You may add sugar to the above recipe if you want a sweeter variant of the pickle.
- The moonshine can be used as an additive in other foods and beverages of your choice.
- If you want a stronger flavour of garlic, leave out the dill.
- If you close and seal your jar well, these pickles can last you up to two years when stored in a cool dark space.
- Do not allow direct sunlight to fall on the bottles for too long, as that might alter the flavour of the pickle.
- It is mandatory to refrigerate the pickle bottles once they are opened.
- While storing the pickle, make sure that the jars you are using are completely sterile and dry. Even a little bit of moisture is enough to rot the entire jar.
- Wash your storing equipment in warm water and soap and dry them either in direct sunlight or on the kitchen countertop. Wipe with a clean cloth again immediately before you begin the storage process.
Flavoured Moonshine Pickles Recipe
There are a few flavours of moonshine that are common and some that are rare. Underlying is a list of moonshine flavours that can all be created from the original moonshine.
Cinnamon Apple Moonshine Cake
This is a dense dark honey-coloured cake with half a cup of moonshine as one of its ingredients. It goes well with either tea or coffee.
Tennessee Moonshine Chili
A shot of moonshine in this Tennessee chilli makes all the difference. It adds to the spice of the dish and also helps to balance out the intense flavours.
Moonshine Onion Rings
A cup of moonshine in the batter of these onion rings will give you the tartness you desire. Enjoy this crunchy delight as an accompaniment to a cheeseburger, or just eat it by itself.
This tangy drink combines different flavours like watermelon, pineapple, and peach to get that perfect blend for the drink. Sweet tea, lemonade, and club soda are other additives that give this drink its characteristic taste.
Frozen Toasted Coconut Moonshine
This can be either loaded or virgin. It uses around 5-6 ounces of moonshine of your choice, though pineapple and peach pair well with coconut. Toasted coconut flakes and coconut milk intensify the coconut flavour.
Try out either the classic Moonshine Pickle Recipe or any variations if you are looking for something different yet tasty. All the recipes are sure to leave with tantalizingly delicious pickles.
We hope you liked our Moonshine Pickles Recipe. For more such recipes information, follow our Blog, foodiewish.com.