Palak Paneer recipe is the perfect pack of nutrients. A blend of protein and iron that is not only healthy but a delicious recipe for your loved ones. Even the simple version is as savory as cooked with different spices.
The specialty of this recipe is that it can be cooked with different ingredients, and you can customize it according to your taste. You can add fresh cream in it to reduce the bitterness of spinach, or else use the curd. It all depends upon the availability of the ingredients and your flavor.
You May Also Love These Delicious Paneer Recipes
- Instant Pot Paneer Makhani
- Delicious Matar Paneer Recipe
- Paneer Tikka on Tawa Recipe
- Chilli Paneer Recipe
- Kadai Paneer Gravy Recipe
- Paneer Pasanda Recipe
Having the creamy texture, a different mix of spices makes it more impressive, even your child will not show the tantrums to have it.
Palak Paneer Recipe Ingredients:
- Green Spinach – 250 Grams
- Cottage Cheese – 150 Grams
- Cumin Seeds – ½ Tablespoon
- Green Chilly – 3
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Garlic Cloves – 8-10
- Onion – 1, chopped
- Tomato – 1, chopped
- Cream – 2 Tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder – ½ Tablespoon
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds Powder – ½ Tablespoon
- Coriander Powder – ½ Tablespoon
- Salt – 1 Tablespoon, or as per taste
- Garam Masala – ½ Tablespoon
- Cooking Oil – 4 Tablespoon
Palak Paneer Recipe Preparation:
- Boil two liters water in a pan. Add spinach in it and cook it on high flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Take them in a colander. Wash it with the help of cold water to retain the color of the spinach.
- Put in the blender, and keep it aside.
- Heat one tablespoon oil in the pan. Add cumin seeds in it, and allow it to crackle.
- Add Green chilli, garlic cloves, ginger, and roast for 2 minutes.
- Add onions in it, and cook it for 2-3 minutes till it gets light brown. Do not roast it completely.
- Add tomatoes in it; again cook it for 2-3 minutes till they get soft.
- Turn off the gas; add these ingredients in the blender jar of spinach.
- Blend to make it a fine paste. Check the consistency. If it is very thick add ½ cup water and blend again.
- Again heat the oil in the pan. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, and coriander powder in it. Mix well.
- Add the paste in it. Mix well. Cover the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cream and mix well. Add garam masala, and salt as per taste. Give it a nice stir.
- Finally, add cottage cheese cubes. Again cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the gas; garnish it with the cream and grated cottage cheese.
- The recipe is ready to serve.
Plain chapatti or parantha goes well with it. But you can serve it with naan, rice, or tandoori roti.
You can roast paneer. Unroasted paneer also goes well.
Ours is the culture where some like to include non-veg foods in the diet, some are pure vegetarians but some, especially old people, don’t love the garlic and onion. If you are one of them, you can skip adding garlic and onions in it.
Spinach and cottage cheese have their authentic flavor.