Paneer Kali Mirch Recipe: Here is another marvelous dish of paneer – “Paneer Kali Mirch”. Just like other recipes of paneer, it is also mouth-watering and easy to cook. The preparation of gravy is almost the same for every recipe; the only difference is in the ingredients used.
You May Also Love These Delicious Paneer Recipes:
This recipe is available in almost any North Indian restaurants, but this is not as famous as any other recipe. Having the eccentric taste, this is must try recipe.
No special preparation or ingredients is needed to prepare it. In all other paneer recipes, tomatoes are used but this cuisine is prepared without tomatoes.
- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
- Cuisine: Indian
- Courses: Main Dish
- Calories: 270 per serving
Paneer Kali Mirch Recipe Ingredients:
- Cloves – 2
- Cardamom – 2
- Garlic Cloves – 5-6
- Cinnamon – 1
- Ginger – ½ Inch
- Green Chilli – 2
- Onion – 1, finely chopped
- Cashew Nuts – 10 – 12
- Ghee – 1 Tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds – 1 Tablespoon
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Milk – ½ Cup
- Cream – ¼ Cup
- Garam Masala – ¼ Teaspoon
- Black peppercorn – ½ Teaspoon
- Water – 1 Cup
- Cottage Cheese – 250 Grams
- Salt as per taste
- Kasuri Meethi – ½ Teaspoon
Paneer Kali Mirch Recipe Preparation:
- Heat oil in the pan. Add cloves, cardamom, and cinnamon. Roast well.
- Now add garlic cloves, ginger, and green chili. Sauté and roast them.
- Add onions and fry for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- Once all the mixtures are roasted well. Allow them to cool. Place them in a grinder jar. Also, add 10-12 cashew nuts. Make a fine paste.
- Again take a pan, add 1 tablespoon ghee in it. Allow it to melt. Add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Add 1 bay leaf followed by the grounded paste. Fry the mixture for around 5-7 minutes on low flame.
- Stir continuously to avoid it burning.
- Now add milk in it. Stir well so that the milk emerges with the mixture.
- Add cream. Keep the flame low and mix well.
- Let it boil. Add garam masala and black peppercorn. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup water and allow it to boil.
- Add cottage cheese. Cook on low flame for 7-10 minutes. Add salt as per taste.
- Add kasuri meethi to garnish and the dish is ready to serve.
This dish goes well with parantha, naan, tandoori roti, missi roti, chapatti, and jeera rice.