Rajma Matar Recipe: Rajma is my older sons favourite, and this time I tried out a creamy gravy (recipe courtesy cooks hideout), with a few modifications. The combination with peas sounded unique and with it’s mild flavour the dish turned out quite well.
You may also like: Dal Makhani Recipe: Make the Best Dal Makhani at Home
This is what you’ll need –
Rajma Matar Recipe Ingredients
- Rajma: 2 cups (I used the tinned rajma)
- Peas: 2 cups ( I used the frozen peas)
- Cream: 3/4 cup
- Yogurt: 3/4 cup
- Cumin seeds: 1tsp
- Coriander seeds: 2tsp
- Peppercorns: 1/2tsp
- Methi (fenugreek) seeds: 1/4tsp
- Green chillies: 3
- Ginger: 1/2 piece
- Garam masala: 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil: 2tsp
Rajma Matar Recipe Preparation Method
- Grind the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, pepper corns, methi seeds, green chillies and ginger to a paste.
- Whisk the cream and yogurt together and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized pan and fry the ground paste for a minute.
- Add the rajma and the peas. Mix well until well coated with the masala.
- Add half a glass of water along with salt and bring to a boil.
- Pour in the yogurt and cream mixture. Bring to a boil.
- Sprinkle garam masala and serve hot with rice or Rotis.
Approximate preparation and cooking time: 20 minutes (using the tinned rajma)
Enjoy the recipe😋