Rajma Matar Recipe (Kidney Beans With Green Peas) | Foodiewish
Rajma Matar Recipe: Rajma is my older sons favourite, and this time I tried out a creamy gravy (recipe courtesy cooks hideout), with a few modifications.
Type: North Indian Dish,
Cuisine: Indian Cousin, Rajma Matar Recipe
Keywords: Rajma Matar Recipe, matar rajma recipe
Preparation Time: PT20M
Cooking Time: PT20M
Total Time: PT40M
Rajma Matar Recipe: Rajma is my older sons favourite, and this time I tried out a creamy gravy (recipe courtesy cooks hideout), with a few modifications. The combination with peas sounded unique and with it’s mild flavour the dish turned out quite well.
This is what you’ll need –
Rajma Matar Recipe Ingredients
- Rajma: 2 cups (I used the tinned rajma)
- Peas: 2 cups ( I used the frozen peas)
- Cream: 3/4 cup
- Yogurt: 3/4 cup
- Cumin seeds: 1tsp
- Coriander seeds: 2tsp
- Peppercorns: 1/2tsp
- Methi (fenugreek) seeds: 1/4tsp
- Green chillies: 3
- Ginger: 1/2 piece
- Garam masala: 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil: 2tsp
Rajma Matar Recipe Preparation Method
- Grind the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, pepper corns, methi seeds, green chillies and ginger to a paste.
- Whisk the cream and yogurt together and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized pan and fry the ground paste for a minute.
- Add the rajma and the peas. Mix well until well coated with the masala.
- Add half a glass of water along with salt and bring to a boil.
- Pour in the yogurt and cream mixture. Bring to a boil.
- Sprinkle garam masala and serve hot with rice or Rotis.
Approximate preparation and cooking time: 20 minutes (using the tinned rajma)
Enjoy the recipe😋
Rajma Matar is a delicious and filling dish that is a staple in Indian cuisine. With a mixture of tender kidney beans and juicy peas in a rich and flavorful sauce, this dish is both satisfying and delicious. Whether you’re looking for a vegetarian option or just want to add more beans to your diet, Rajma Matar is a delicious and healthy meal option that is sure to be a hit. So why not give it a try and see why it has become such a beloved dish in Indian cuisine.