Ram Laddu Recipe: Ram Laddu is Delhi’s special snack. It is available in every market of Delhi, no matter popular or local. This inexpensive snack is incomplete without the radish topping and green chutney.
You may also like: Delightful Dahi Bhalla Recipe
The snack is made up of various lentils: moong dal and chana dal, making it a healthy snack. This recipe is quick to make, Chana dal is used to make the laddu crispy; you can skip the chana dal, in case you don’t prefer crispiness.
Ram Laddu Recipe Ingredients:
- Moong Dal – ½ Cup
- Chana dal – ¼ Cup
- Green Coriander Leaves – 2-3 Tablespoon
- Salt – 1/3 tablespoon (or according to taste)
- Green chilli – 1, finely chopped
- Green Chutney to garnish
- Grated radish as a topping
- Oil to fry.
Ram Laddu Recipe Preparation:
- Soak the moong dal and chana dal for 5-6 hours.
- Grind them and make a paste of it. Do not add extra water.
- Do not make a fine paste, the batter must be grainy.
- Add salt, coriander leaves and green chilli in it.
- Mix well, and whisk till it gets fluffy.
- Whisking for 5-6 minutes is recommendable.
- Take the pan, heat the oil. With the help of hands, drop one by one small ball in the pan.
- Keep the medium flame, fry till they get brown.
- Don’t forget to flip the sides as well.
- Once they get brown, take them on a plate.
- Garnish it with radish topping and green chutney.
- Ram ladoo is ready to serve.
- Do not add water while grinding, else you will not be able to make round balls.
- Do not make a fine paste; make it a little grainy so that the ladoo will become crispy.
- Whisk it properly for 5-6 minutes, if you do not whisk it, you will not be able to make round balls.