Quick Breakfast Option: Rava Upma Recipe | FoodieWish
Rava Upma Recipe: Are you a fitness freak? You don't follow the traditional breakfast options like the variety of parathas, potatoes, Puri.
Type: South Indian Food, Breakfast, Nasta Recipe
Cuisine: South Indian Food, Breakfast, Rava Upma Recipe
Keywords: Rava Upma Recipe, rava upma, how to make rava upma
Preparation Time: PT10M10S
Cooking Time: PT20M
Total Time: PT30M10S
Rava Upma Recipe: Are you a fitness freak? You don’t follow the traditional breakfast options like the variety of parathas, potatoes, Puri, and want to explore the variety of breakfast options that are healthy for you. So, one good option to try is Rava Upma.
This South Indian Dish is now well admired all over India. This trouble free and prompt dish can be cooked with limited ingredients. This is not only healthy but filling and satisfying too.
You may also like: Aloo Pyaz ka Paratha Recipe
If you don’t have the time to cook a full meal or you are a bachelor, student or working professional, who don’t spend much time cooking then this recipe is best for you. Here’s is the full recipe.
Rava Upma Recipe Ingredients:
- Semolina (Suji) – 1 Cup
- Mustard Seeds – ½ Tablespoon
- Carrot – 1 small, finely chopped
- Peanuts/Cashew Nuts – ½ Cup
- Green Coriander Leaves – 2 Tablespoon
- Salt – ¾ Tablespoon
- Beans – 1 Cup
- Capsicum – 1, finely chopped
- Green Chilli – 1, cut into small pieces.
- Potato – 1, cut into small pieces.
- Red Chilli – ¼ Tablespoon
- Oil – 2 Tablespoon
- Water – 3 Cup
Rava Upma Recipe Preparation:
• Take a pan, heat it. Put the semolina (suji) into it. Stir continuously for 4-5 minutes till it gets light brown.
Keep the flame low, so that semolina will roast evenly.
• Take out the semolina in a bowl. Now add oil into it. Let the oil heat.
• Now roast the peanuts or cashew nut, till they turn brown.
• Now, take out the peanuts or cashew nut in a bowl.
• Pour 2 tablespoon oil in the pan. Add mustard seeds and sauté.
• Add green chilli and sauté. Now add all the veggies to it. Fry for 2-3 minutes, cover the pan for 2-3 minutes and allow it to get tender.
• Once all the veggies get tender, put roasted semolina and mix it well.
• Slowly add 3 cups of water and stir continuously, till it turns puffy.
• When semolina absorbs all the water, put roasted peanuts or cashew nuts and coriander leaves into it and mix them well.
• Now upma is ready to serve, it could be served, 3-4 members. You can serve it with coconut chutney.
• You can add other vegetables of your choice.
• Mix the peanuts or cashew once the dish is ready so that peanuts and cashew nuts will remain crunchy.
• Does not use less oil, upma may stick to the pan.
• Enjoy this Rava Upma recipe with hot tea or coffee.
We hope you liked our rava upma recipe. For more such recipes follow our Blog foodiewish.com