Red Chilli Garlic Chutney Recipe: Garlic is known for the several health benefits and medicinal qualities it possesses. It not only manages the blood pressure but keeps the heart in good condition. There are various forms that you can include it in your diet, one such form is “Garlic Chutney”.
You may also like: Thick and Creamy Andhra Style: Peanut Chutney Recipe
Garlic or Lahsun chutney prepared with varied ingredients, having a strong taste, it is mainly preferred in the Rajasthan and Gujarat. All the chutney has its unique taste. It is the spicy side dish that goes well with every kind of food be it lentils, vegetables, idli, sambhar, rice, anything.
Red Chilli Garlic Chutney easy to prepare, and once prepared, you can store it for around 1 month. It has some variation, you can use the jaggery to make it sweet and spicy, or you can make it spicy.
I am sharing the Rajasthani or marwadi style recipe which is made more of spicy without any jaggery. It makes the meals tastier, spicier, and enjoyable. 😋
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Indian
- Servings: 1 Bowl
- Calories: 70kcal
Red Chilli Garlic Chutney Recipe Ingredients
- 50 Gram Whole Red Chili
- ¼ Cup Garlic Cloves Or 125 Gram
- 1 Inch Ginger
- 2 tbsp Tamarind
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1.5 tbsp Salt
Red Chilli Garlic Chutney Recipe Preparation
- Take a pan, add 2-3 tablespoon oil and allow it to heat.
- Add whole red chilli, keep the flame low. Roast the chilli for 1-2 minutes, so that extra moisture could remove.
- Do not keep the flame high, otherwise, the moisture could remain and the chilli will burn.
- Take them in a bowl; now add the garlic clove in the same pan. Keep the flame low. Roast it for 3-4 minutes, after that add 1 inch chopped ginger in it.
- Roast it for another 2 minutes on the low flame. Now add 2 tablespoon tamarind in it. Tamarind will give a nice sour flavour.
- Now add 1 tablespoon cumin seeds and roast well for another 1 minute.
- Every ingredient is finely cooked now.
- Finally, add 1.5 tablespoon salt and mix well. Roast till the garlic turns light pink.
- Put this mixture in the whole red chilli bowl. Allow it to cool.
- Once the ingredients come at normal temperature, add it in the mixer jar.
- Grind it and check the consistency. If it is dry, add 2 tablespoon oil and again grind.
- Again, if the consistency is dry, add more water and grind well.
- The spicy chutney is ready, take them in a bowl.
You can keep the chutney in the fridge and use it for 1 month. We are not using the water instead we are using the oil. Oil increases the shelf life of the chutney and tastes nice.
This chutney has the authentic spicy taste but to lessen the spiciness you can add 2 tablespoons powdered sugar or jaggery in it.
Enjoy this chutney with any snack or meal. 😋