Spicy Onion Chutney Recipe
Onion Chutney Recipe: Onion chutney is complementary to the Indian meal. From North to South, East to West, Indian culture is full of a variety
Type: Onion Chutney Recipe, Indian Cuisine, Chutney Recipe
Cuisine: Onion Chutney Recipe, Indian Cuisine, Chutney Recipe
Keywords: onion chutney recipe, onion chutney, how to make onion chutney
Preparation Time: PT10M
Cooking Time: PT20M
Total Time: PT30M
Onion chutney is complementary to the Indian meal. From North to South, East to West, Indian culture is full of a variety of foods be it sweet, main dish, bread, or side dish like chutneys. Almost all chutneys are a blend of different spices. Each has its eccentric flavor. Onion chutney is easy and delicious to make.
Onion Chutney Recipe Ingredients:
- Onion – 5 Medium size
- Oil – 3/4 Cup
- Garlic Cloves: 7-8
- Tamarind – 2-3 Tablespoon
- Coriander Seeds – 1 Tablespoon
- Fennel Seeds – 1 Tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds – 1 Tablespoon
- Whole Red Chilli – 4-5
- Fenugreek Seeds – ¼ Tablespoon
- Mustard Seeds – 1 Teaspoon
- Urad Dal – 1 Tablespoon
- Kalonji – ¼ Teaspoon
- Kashmiri Red Chilli – 1 Tablespoon
Onion Chutney Recipe Preparation:
- Clean the onion, peel them, and cut length-wise.
- Heat ¾ cup oil in the pan. Add garlic cloves in it.
- We are taking more oil to preserve it for a long time. You can take less oil as well.
- Cook the garlic for 10 seconds. Do not overcook it otherwise it will have more of garlic flavor.
- Add onions and mix well. Cook it on low flame to remove the raw taste of it and till it turns light pink.
- At this stage, add tamarind. Cook it for 2-3 minutes. Instead of tamarind, you can also add dried mango powder.
- Turn off the flame, and allow it to cool.
- Prepare the spices for it.
- In a pan, add coriander seeds, fennel seeds, and cumin seeds. Roast on low flame. Roast it for 1-2 minutes and add whole red chilli in it. Again roast it for few seconds.
- Turn off the gas, add fenugreek seeds.
- Allow it to cool and make a fine powder of it. Also, grind the onions and make the paste of it.
- Now again, heat the oil in the pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and urad dal in it. Also, add kalonji and Kashmiri red chilli. Roast all the spices.
- Add onion paste in it. Mix well.
- Add the roasted spices and salt as per taste.
- Add ¾ cup water and cook well.
- Consistency will change. It will have semi-thick consistency.
- The chutney is ready to serve.
Onion chutney is a tangy and flavorful condiment that adds a delicious twist to any dish. Whether it’s served as a dip or a spread, this chutney is a versatile addition to your culinary arsenal. So why not try this Onion Chutney recipe today and add some extra zing to your meals? Your taste buds will thank you!