Delicious Sweet Kalakand Recipe
Sweet Kalakand Recipe: How many of you love kalakand? I am sure many of us are unable to resist it and tempted it. It is the moist, juicy, and grainy sweet...
Type: Kalakand Recipe, Kalakand Sweet Recipe, Indian Sweets Recipe
Cuisine: Kalakand Recipe, Kalakand Sweet Recipe, Indian Sweets Recipe
Keywords: kalakand recipe
Preparation Time: PT5M
Cooking Time: PT45M
Total Time: PT50M
Sweet Kalakand Recipe: How many of you love kalakand? I am sure many of us are unable to resist it and tempted it. It is the moist, juicy, and grainy sweet that dissolves in the mouth. This milk-based sweet is loved by many people.
On a special occasion, festivals, and party, you can include this sweet on the menu. It is milk-based sweet containing no ghee and only a little amount of ghee. Preparation is easy but a bit time-consuming.
Festivals are approaching; prepare this sweet on Teej, Rakshabandhan, Shivratri, or any other festivals. You can enjoy it during the fast as well.
- Serving: 10 – 12 Pieces
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
- Courses: Sweet
- Cuisine: Indian
- Equipment: Pan, Tin, and ladle
- Calories: 140 Calories/serving
Sweet Kalakand Recipe Ingredients
- Milk – 2 Litre
- Lemon – 2
- Sugar – 1/2 Bowl, 100 gram
- Almonds – 10 – 12 Pieces
- Pistachio – 8 – 10 Pieces
- Cardamom – 3-4
Sweet Kalakand Recipe Preparation:
- Divide the milk into two equal parts. Prepare the Chena from one- litre milk.
- Boil the milk at low flame. If you want to boil at medium flame then keep stirring in between to avoid spilling. Also to avoid the spilling you can put the spoon in the pan.
- Once boiled turn off the gas, allow it to cool for 2-3 minutes. Add lemon water to it. Chena will separate.
- Strain the chena from the whey. Also, wash the chena to remove the lemon flavour from it.
- Take the heavy bottom pan; add one-litre milk in it.
- Continuously stir the milk until it becomes half the quantity. Stir it to avoid burning from the bottom, also remove the cream from the edges.
- At this point, add chenna in it.
- Now stir it continuously for 10 – 12 minutes.
- You will see that chenna will absorb all the milk.
- Add sugar when the milk is cooked.
- Cook it for 2-3 minutes. Stir till it gets the thick consistency.
- Now add the cardamom powder and mix it for another 3-4 minutes.
- Now the mixture is ready to freeze.
- Take tin, grease it. Add the mixture in the tin. Spread evenly.
- Garnish it with the pistachio and almonds.
- Press the dry fruits gently.
- Rest it for 3 to 4 hours and cut it into pieces.
- You can use the market paneer as well, but the home-made paneer is more preferable.
- While freezing, if you feel that the sweet has turned hard. Do not worry add a little milk in it.
- Keep the flame low for the whole process, otherwise milk may burn and the colour of the sweet will turn dark.
In conclusion, kalakand is a traditional Indian sweet made from milk solids and sugar. It is a creamy, rich and delicious dessert that is perfect for special occasions and celebrations. With its simple ingredients and straightforward preparation method, it is easy to make at home and can be a delightful treat for your loved ones. Give this traditional Indian sweet a try and enjoy its irresistible flavor and texture.