Texas Roadhouse rice recipe is something that almost everyone wants to get their hands on. Texas Roadhouse is a famous chain of eateries in the United States that has one of the amazing casual dining experiences that you can imagine. The restaurant is famous for its fast food and drinks and boasts a large clientele who visit repeatedly.
Texas Roadhouse Rice Recipe
This texas roadhouse rice recipe is a copy of the seasoned rice that they offer. This is one of the popular dishes ordered, and with the pandemic all over the globe, it only makes sense that you learn to make it at home. It is an easy, one-pan recipe to literally throw all the ingredients together into a pan and have it ready to serve in half an hour.
Ingredients for Texas Roadhouse Rice Recipe
- 2 cups, long-grain, white rice
- ½ cup butter, salted
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 large onion
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Method of Preparation for Texas Roadhouse Rice Recipe
- Take a large skillet and melt the butter in it. Be careful to keep the flame low as butter burns easily.
- Add the white rice and keep stirring so that it doesn’t burn.
- Cook until the rice is evenly browned.
- Finely dice the onion and add it to the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes till the onions are done.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and cook again.
- The rice will cook in the stock. Keep on high heat till it boils.
- Once it begins to boil, reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once the rice is soft, you are ready to serve.
Common additions to the rice
If you are at the restaurant, you can ask them to add anything of your choice to the rice. However, you can also create your own blend of additives at home. Some common choices include:
- Shallow fried shrimp
- Cooked beef
- Pulled pork
- Grilled chicken
- Sauteed vegetables
- A hearty mix of all of the above
Tips for Texas Roadhouse Rice Recipe
Listed below are some tried and tested methods that will give you the rice you can imagine:
- Wash the rice thoroughly before adding it to the pan. You may also soak it for about 15 minutes. This will dissolve a bit of the starch in the rice, and the grain will cook faster and fluff up better.
- If you’re the kind of person who hates clumped-up grains of rice, you can cool the rice once it is cooked. When the rice is left standing in the pot that it has been boiled in, the grains will automatically clump together. Spread the rice out on a baking tray to avoid this. This will give the rice some breathing space, and you will have each grain falling off your spoon while you enjoy it.
- Always use a large open skillet or pan when you’re making fried rice. This keeps the grains separated too.
- Prepare your ingredients before you turn on the gas. This is a quick recipe, so make sure your onions are chopped up, and all your spices are at hand before you start the cooking process.
What To Do With The Left Overs?
Although that is an unlikely scenario, since this rice is so delicious, if you do end up with any leftovers, you can safely store them in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 2 days.
Alternatively, it will survive for up to a week in the freezer. Make sure that the rice is well thawed when you remove it from the freezer again.
How to reheat the rice?
Whenever you want to serve the rice again, take it out of the fridge and leave it for about 15 minutes on your kitchen counter. This will bring the rice to room temperature, and you can now proceed to heat it.
Heat it on high flame in a large skillet on the gas. Keep the flame high, or the rice might get mushy.
Reheat it in a microwave-safe dish with the lid on in the microwave. 3-4 minutes should do it. Look for steam coming from the dish when you open the lid. This signifies that the rice has warmed up in the steam and is now safe to consume.
Texas Roadhouse Rice is a delicious and easy-to-make side dish that’s perfect for any occasion. With its fluffy texture and savory flavor, this rice dish is sure to complement any main course. Whether you’re serving it at a family dinner or a special event, Texas Roadhouse Rice is sure to impress. So why not try this Texas Roadhouse Rice recipe today and bring a taste of the Lone Star State to your table? Your taste buds will thank you!