Tomato Chutney Recipe: Enjoy breakfast, idli, dosa, uttapam, or any other snack with the spicy and tangy tomato chutney. Unlike other chutney’s this is quick and easy to prepare. Make your meal more interesting with this finger-licking side dish.
You may also like:
You will love to prepare again and again. Give it a try and find the authentic and unique taste of it.
- Serving – 1 Bowl
- Preparation Time – 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time – 10 Minutes
- Cuisine – Indian
- Courses – Side Dish
- Equipment – Pan, ladle, and bowl
- Calories – 30 Calories in one teaspoon
Tomato Chutney Recipe Ingredients:
- Tomatoes – 6
- Urad Dal – 1 tablespoon
- Whole Red Chili – 3-4
- Chana Dal – 1 Tablespoon
- Onions – 2
- Garlic – 1 teaspoon
- Green Chilies – 2
- Red Chili Powder – 2 Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – ½ Teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds – 1 Teaspoon
- Curry Leaves – 2 Teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
- Oil – 2 teaspoon
Tomato Chutney Recipe Preparation:
- Heat oil in the pan; add urad dal and chana dal. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add whole red chili, chopped garlic, and sauté for 2 minutes. Add onions, mix well.
- Add green chilies and curry leaves. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes, chili powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Do not overcook it; you have to remove the raw flavor of onions and tomatoes.
- Let it cool and grind it to make a fine paste.
- Finally, do the tempering. Take a pan, add 1 teaspoon oil, heat it, and add 1 teaspoon mustard seeds.
- Let it crackle and pour it on chutney.
- The chutney is ready to serve.