Spicy and Tangy Tomato Chutney Recipe
Tomato Chutney Recipe: Enjoy breakfast, idli, dosa, uttapam, or any other snack with the spicy and tangy tomato chutney.
Keywords: tomato chutney recipe, recipe for tomato chutney, tomato chutney recipes
Preparation Time: PT5M
Cooking Time: PT20M
Total Time: PT25M
Tomato Chutney Recipe: Enjoy breakfast, idli, dosa, uttapam, or any other snack with the spicy and tangy tomato chutney. Unlike other chutney’s this is quick and easy to prepare. Make your meal more interesting with this finger-licking side dish.
- Serving – 1 Bowl
- Preparation Time – 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time – 10 Minutes
- Cuisine – Indian
- Courses – Side Dish
- Equipment – Pan, ladle, and bowl
- Calories – 30 Calories in one teaspoon
Tomato Chutney Recipe Ingredients:
- Tomatoes – 6
- Urad Dal – 1 tablespoon
- Whole Red Chili – 3-4
- Chana Dal – 1 Tablespoon
- Onions – 2
- Garlic – 1 teaspoon
- Green Chilies – 2
- Red Chili Powder – 2 Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – ½ Teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds – 1 Teaspoon
- Curry Leaves – 2 Teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
- Oil – 2 teaspoon
Tomato Chutney Recipe Preparation:
- Heat oil in the pan; add urad dal and chana dal. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add whole red chili, chopped garlic, and sauté for 2 minutes. Add onions, mix well.
- Add green chilies and curry leaves. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes, chili powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Do not overcook it; you have to remove the raw flavor of onions and tomatoes.
- Let it cool and grind it to make a fine paste.
- Finally, do the tempering. Take a pan, add 1 teaspoon oil, heat it, and add 1 teaspoon mustard seeds.
- Let it crackle and pour it on chutney.
- The chutney is ready to serve.
To end the delicious journey of making Tomato Chutney, it is a perfect accompaniment for Indian breads, parathas, and even for rice dishes. The tangy, sweet and spicy flavor of this chutney is sure to enhance the taste of any dish. Whether you make a big batch or a small one, this chutney is sure to disappear quickly. Serve it as a dip or as a side dish, it’s guaranteed to be a hit with your family and friends. So, go ahead and try this simple and easy Tomato Chutney recipe today!