Vegetable Biryani Recipe – “Rice” is the staple food of India. We all are aware of its taste, no matter where we stay. From dal rice to jeera rice, rajma-rice to sambhar rice, people embrace its taste. One of the much-loved variants is “veg biryani”.
You may also like:
- 10 Traditional Kashmiri Dishes That You Must Try
- Spicy Green Peas Masala Rice Recipe
- Instant Jeera Matar Pulao Recipe
Veg biryani is a blend of different spices and seasonal vegetables that not only makes it delicious but nutritious as well. Almost all the restaurants, across the length and the breadth of the country, have listed this dish in their menu card.
Prepare this dish for any gathering, pot-luck party, or any other special occasion, you will fall in love with it.
- Serving – 4-5
- Preparation Time – 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time – 30 Minutes
- Cuisine – Indian
- Courses – Main Course
- Equipment – Ladle, Grinder, and Pan
- Calories – 240 per serving
Vegetable Biryani Recipe Ingredients:
- Basmati Rice – 3Cup
- Peas – 1 Cup
- Carrot – ½, diced
- Potatoes – 1, diced
- Cauliflower – 1 Cup
- Green Chili – 1
- Garlic Cloves – 4-5
- Garlic – 1 Inch
- Capsicum – 1
- Beans – 1 Cup
- Salt – As per taste
- Turmeric Powder – ½ Teaspoon
- Coriander Powder – ½ Teaspoon
- Garam Masala – ½ Teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder – 1 Teaspoon
- Bay leaf – 2
- Black Cardamom – 1
- Cloves – 2-3
- Black Pepper Seeds – 3-4
- Cinnamon – 2
- Cumin Seeds – ½ Teaspoon
- Dry Red Chili – 2
- Tomatoes – 1, chopped
- Onion – 2, chopped
- Coriander Leaves – 1 Tablespoon
- Mint Leaves – 1 Tablespoon
- Basmati Shahi Masala
- Ghee – 2 Tablespoon
Vegetable Biryani Recipe Preparation:
- Thoroughly wash the rice and soak in the water for half an hour.
- Prepare the fine puree of tomatoes. In the mixing bowl add tomatoes and dry red chili, make the fine paste. Do not add water.
- Also, prepare the ginger-garlic paste.
- Heat oil in a pan; add bay leaf, 2 cloves, 2 black pepper seeds, and black cardamom. Stir well. Add onions to it.
- Roast it for 5-6 minutes, till it turns golden brown. Add ginger-garlic paste and green chilies in it. Add tomatoes puree in it. Mix well. Cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all the vegetables, mix well. Add ½ cup water and salt as per taste. Cover the pan and cook the vegetables for 5-7 minutes till it gets tender.
- Now add all the spices – turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, red chili powder, biryani masala – 2 teaspoons.
- Now again cook the vegetables for 5-7 minutes, if the vegetables have less moisture than add ½ cup water in it.
- Take a big pan; add 2 teaspoon ghee followed by dry spices like bay leaf, cumin seeds, black cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper seeds. Add 2 glass of water in it. Let it boil.
- Add salt as per taste, and ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder to give it a nice color.
- Cover the pan, and cook it for 5-7 minutes. Check whether the rice is cooked or not.
- Do not stir them else they may break.
- Now vegetable and rice is ready. Take a big pan. Add one layer of rice and another layer of vegetables, sprinkle coriander, and mint leaves.
- Again add one layer rice and then vegetables, add coriander-mint leaves. Repeat the process.
- Cover the pan, and cook on low flame for 5-6 minutes. We are doing this so that rice absorbs the flavor of the vegetables.
- Check after 6-7 minutes, veg biryani is ready to serve.