Vermicelli Recipes | Jave | Semiya Recipe - Make it with limited ingredients
Vermicelli Recipes - Veg Vermicelli is the traditional food being loved by almost all the generation. You may have seen your mother, grandmother preparing them at the time of..
Type: Veg Vermicelli, Traditional Dish
Cuisine: Veg Vermicelli Recipes
Keywords: veg vermicelli, vermicelli recipes, semiya recipe, semiya kheer
Preparation Time: 2M
Cooking Time: 13M
Total Time: 15M
Veg Vermicelli is the traditional food being loved by almost all the generation. You may have seen your mother, grandmother preparing them at the time of festivals; especially Raksha Bandhan and some make it at Dusherra as well.
During the festive time, people prefer to cook it sweet by adding milk and sugar to it. The best thing about the vermicelli is that it can be cooked in a variety of ways.
You can also like: Quick Breakfast Option: Rava Upma Recipe
You can prepare it either as a dessert or as a snack. In both ways, you don’t need to have many ingredients. In order to make sweet vermicelli, you just need milk, sugar, and vermicelli but yes, you can also add dry fruit to it, but don’t worry if you don’t have at that time. You can also prepare it with just milk and sugar.
In the same way, to prepare as a snack you can cook it with a variety of vegetables or else, if nothing is available, you can cook it plain. Here is the recipe for snack and dessert vermicelli.
1. Veg Vermicelli Snack Recipe
Vermicelli Recipes Ingredients:
• Vermicelli – 1 Cup
• Carrot – finely diced
• Peas – ½ Cup
• Tomato – 1 finely chopped
• Onion – 1 finely chopped
• Capsicum – 1 Cup
• Potato – 1, finely chopped
• Green Chilli – 1, finely chopped
• Water – 2 Cup
• Carom Seeds – ¼ Tablespoon
• Salt – ½ Tablespoon
• Red Chilli – ¼ Tablespoon
• Oil/Ghee – 2 Tablespoon
• Coriander Leaves – 1 Tablespoon
Vermicelli Recipes Preparation:
• I prefer to take roasted vermicelli, but if you have raw one, roast it at low flame, till it gets brown.
• Take a pan, add vermicelli and water to it. Cook till it gets tender.
• Take a pan, pour oil into it, and allow it to get warm. Add carom seeds and then green chilli.
• Add tomatoes, let it cook for 2-3 minutes, once it is cooked, add rest all vegetables. Also, add red chilli powder. Cover the pan, till they are semi-cooked.
You can also add 2 tablespoon sauce and 1 tablespoon vinegar, when all the vegetables are semi-cooked and again allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes.
• Side by side, don’t forget to stir the vermicelli. Check whether they absorbed all the water and turned soft.
• If all the vegetables are cooked and vermicelli becomes soft, mix the vermicelli in the vegetable pan.
• Add salt and mix.
• Garnish it with coriander leaves and it is ready to serve.
Other Variations to Cook:
• In case you don’t have any vegetable in your kitchen, you can cook it plain.
• In order to cook plain, first roast the vermicelli.
• Heat the pan, add oil/ghee. Once it gets warm, add carom seeds.
• Add roasted vermicelli and water. Also, add salt and red chilli.
• Allow it to cook. Check whether the vermicelli absorbed all the water.
• Once vermicelli becomes soft, it is ready to serve.
2. Veg Vermicelli Dessert Recipe
Semiya Kheer Recipe Ingredients:
• Vermicelli – 1 Cup
• Sugar – 3-4 Tablespoon
• Cardamom Powder – ¼ Tablespoon
• Milk – 2 Cup
• Dry fruits – Crushed almonds, cashew nuts, and raisins
• Ghee – 1 Tablespoon
• Water – 2 Cup
Semiya Recipe Preparation:
• Take a pan, add ghee and add vermicelli to roast it.
• Add water, let vermicelli absorb the water.
• Add sugar and then milk.
• When the milk starts to boil, add cardamom powder.
• Stir it 3-4 minutes.
• Garnish it with dry fruits and serve.
This is how desserts and snack vermicelli are prepared.
We hope you liked our vermicelli recipes. For more such recipes follow our Blog foodiewish.com