Amritsari Paneer Bhurji Recipe is one of the simplest recipes of paneer. This is a healthy dish that can be made quickly with limited ingredients.
You May Also Love These Delicious Paneer Recipes:
- Shahi Paneer Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Matar Paneer Recipe
- Kadai Paneer Gravy Recipe
- Paneer Pasanda Recipe
No whole spices are used in this recipe. The only spices used are turmeric, red chilli, and coriander powder. To add the flavor you can add pav bhaji masala in it but this is completely optional.
This dish goes well with the flatbreads like roti or chapatti or you can also prepare the toast stuffing from this recipe.
If you are running short of time or don’t have any vegetables available, just curdle the milk and prepare it within 15 minutes.
- Yield: 3 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 – 20 Minutes
- Courses: Main Course
- Cuisine: Indian
- Equipment: Pan and ladle
- Calories: 285 Calories/serving
Amritsari Paneer Bhurji Recipe Ingredients:
- Paneer – 200 Grams
- Tomatoes – 2-3 Chopped
- Onion – 2-3 Chopped
- Green Chillies – 2
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Cumin Seeds – ½ Teaspoon
- Turmeric – ½ Teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 Teaspoon
- Oil – 1 Tablespoon
- Salt – 1 Teaspoon or as per your taste
- Coriander Powder – 1 Teaspoon’
- Garam Masala – ¼ Teaspoon
- Cream – 2 Spoon
- Coriander Leaves – ½ Teaspoon
Amritsari Paneer Bhurji Recipe Preparation:
- Take a pan, heat one tablespoon oil in it. Add 1 teaspoon cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seed starts to crackle, add onions in it. Roast them. Stir it frequently. When it turns pink, add green chilli and ginger in it.
- Roast them well to enhance the taste. The more you roast the better the taste.
- Now add ½ turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon red chilli powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, and mix well.
- Cook all the spices and stir continuously.
- Now add tomatoes to it. Again mix well.
- For 2-3 minutes cook at high flame. Roast till the oil starts to separate from it. Add 1 teaspoon salt in it or as per taste.
- Add 2 spoons cream and stir to mix it. Cook it for 2 minutes and stir continuously.
- Finally, add paneer. Keep aside one tablespoon paneer to garnish later.
- Mix well and cook for the 2-3 minutes till oil appears in it.
- Add ¼ teaspoon garam masala in it.
- Garnish it with raw paneer. Also, add green coriander leaves.
- Paneer bhurji is ready to serve.
You have to roast the spices well to make it delicious.
You can also add peas to it. Boil them till they get tender and add them in the dish once the tomatoes are cooked.
The cream will give it a nice texture and a bit of sweet taste. If you do not prefer sweetness skip adding cream in it.