Dahi Bhalla Recipe: Indian culture is known for food variety it has in different states, occasions, and celebrations. In North India, especially, Delhi and Punjab all the get together, party and celebrations are incomplete without this dish.
You may also like: Crispy and Crunchy: Aloo Chaat Recipe
This mouth-watering recipe is made up of different ingredients like potatoes, papdi, and chickpeas but the simple recipe also tastes as nice as with different ingredients.
You can make it for occasions like Holi, Diwali, or for any house party or a snack. If you have sweet and green chutney ready, then it’s very easy to cook.
Dahi Bhalla Recipe Ingredients:
- Urad Dal – 2 Cup
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Salt – 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Carom seeds – ½ Tablespoon
- Curd – 2-3 cup
- Red chilli – ½ Tablespoon
- Black salt – ½ Tablespoon
- Green chutney – 5-6 Tablespoon
- Sweet Chutney – 5-6 Tablespoon
- Oil to deep fry.
- Baking soda – 1 pinch
Dahi Bhalla Recipe Preparation:
✅ Wash the urad dal at least 3-4 times. Soak it for 2-3 hours.
✅ Make a paste of it by grinding it in the grinder. For making paste add 1 pinch asafoetida and ½ tablespoon salt.
✅ Check the consistency, if it is very thick, adjust the consistency, and add little water to it.
✅ Add 1 pinch baking soda and whisk it for 10 – 12 minutes.
✅ You can check the consistency, take a bowl, add some water, and put one drop of mixture in the bowl. If the consistency is perfect, it will float on the water.
✅ Take a pan, put some oil, and heat it to a moderate level.
✅ With the help of hands, put dahi bhalle in the pan, and deep fry at medium flame.
✅ Fry till it changes its colour, make sure they are roasted well from inside otherwise the bhalle will not become spongy and soft.
✅ Take them in a bowl; allow it to cool for some time.
✅ Now take a pan, put some boiled water into and add bhalle into it. Rest it for 45 minutes – 1 hour. They will turn soft and spongy.
✅ Squeeze and remove water from the ballad and place them on the plate.
✅ Start by adding curd to it. (Prefer to use home-made curd. Take some curd and add sugar and rest it for 15 – 20 minutes).
✅ Add sweet and coriander chutney and masala. (Masala recipe is shared below 👇 ).
✅ Add other desired ingredients like boiled potatoes, papdi, or chickpeas.
✅ Now Dahi Bhalla is ready to serve.
Dahi Bhalle Masala Recipe
- Roast carom seed and cumin seed on tawa.
- Add salt, a pinch of black salt (optional), red chilli to it.
- Roast them well.
- Let it cool and make a fine powder of it.
- This powder you can preserve for 2 months in the refrigerator.
- You can use this masala for aloo chaat and tikki as well.
- You can also make bhalle from moong dal.
- If you are unable to make the masala, then just add cumin powder, salt, and red chilli to it.
- You can also garnish it with sev, bhujia, or pomegranate seeds.
Street Food Lover’s also search for:
how to make dahi bhalla soft
how to make dahi bhalla at home
dahi vada recipe
tasty dahi bhalla recipe
dahi bhalla vs dahi vada