Easy Crispy Rava Dosa Recipe
Rava Dosa Recipe: Rava Dosa is till date the most popular and the most widely eaten and love South Indian recipe. Rava Dosa is a dish that..
Type: Rava Dosa Recipe, South Indian Food, Indian Food
Cuisine: Rava Dosa Recipe, South Indian Food, Indian Food
Keywords: rava dosa recipe, rava dosa recipes, how to make rava dosa
Preparation Time: PT35M
Cooking Time: PT15M
Total Time: PT50M
Rava Dosa Recipe: Rava Dosa is till date the most popular and the most widely eaten and love South Indian recipe. Rava Dosa is a dish that you will find in any part of India. It taste is savory and if cooked perfectly, it melts into your mouth and satisfies your taste buds to such an extent that you crave for more. Rava Dosa is usually served with sambar, a spicy dal recipe that improves the flavor of the Rava Dosa even more. We provide to you the perfect recipe to prepare Rava Dosa at home for your entire family.
Rava Dosa Recipe Ingredients:
The important ingredients required to prepare Rava Dosa are as follows:
- 2 cups sooji or rava
- Half cup rice flour or rice powder
- Half cup butter milk
- Quarter teaspoon asafetida
- Salt to taste
- 1 inch ginger
- 4 green chilies
- 10 to 12 curry leaves
- Quarter cup scraped coconut
- 12 cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoon peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoon desi ghee or refined oil, your call
Rava Dosa Recipe Instructions:
Following are a few easy steps to prepare Rava Dosa:
- Mix the rava, rice flour and butter milk, knead a little to prepare the batter. Also add asafetida and required salt. Keep it aside for at least 6 hours so that it may stand.
- Wash and chop the green chilies, ginger and curry leaves, along with coconut and cashew in to small pieces.
- Now crush the peppercorns and cumin seeds
- Take oil in a pan and add the crushed the peppercorns and cumin seeds to it. Roast them and add batter to it
- Mix the chopped ginger, green chili, cashew and coconut in to the batter and stir well
- Oil a non sticky tava and sprinkle some oil over it.
- Spread the batter over the oiled tava and spread it with a help of a large face spoon.
- Now spread one tablespoon oil around the batter and also over it
- Cook it till is crispy brown. Then remove from heat and serve hot.
Rava dosa is a type of Indian crepe made from semolina (rava), rice flour, and a mixture of spices. It is a popular South Indian dish that is typically served with coconut chutney and sambar, a spicy lentil soup. Rava dosa is known for its crisp texture and unique flavor, and is a staple in many Indian households.