Andhras Famous Sweet Madatha Kaja Recipe
Madatha Kaja Recipe is very popular sweet in Andhra Pradesh state of India. It is crispy, cylindrical flaky and sticky sweet.
Type: Indian Food, South Indian Food, Madatha Kaja Recipe
Cuisine: Indian Food, South Indian Food, Madatha Kaja Recipe
Keywords: madatha kaja recipe, madatha kaja, kaja sweet
Preparation Time: PT25M
Cooking Time: PT1H
Total Time: PT1H25M
Madatha Kaja Recipe is very popular sweet in Andhra Pradesh state of India. It is crispy, cylindrical flaky and sticky sweet. This is also known as layered kaja. This sweet is prepared in many occasions. It is so yummy and it just melts in the mouth. And kids just love it.
- Preparation time: 25 mins
- Cooking time: 60 mins
- Serves: 5
Madatha Kaja Recipe Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup maida (all purpose flour)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- 3 tsp rice flour or all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Oil for deep fry
- 1/4 cup water for sugar syrup
- 5 green cardamoms
- Thinly sliced cashew nuts or almonds for garnish (optional)
Madatha Kaja Recipe Preparation:
- Take a bowl and add maida, baking powder, ghee and mix well. Now slowly add water and knead to form soft dough. Then cover it and keep it aside for atleast 30 mins.
- In another bowl, mix 3 tsps of ghee and maida, then keep it aside.
- Divide the dough in to 3 equal size balls and roll them like thin sheets or roti. Similarly, make roti of rest of the 3 balls.
- Then take all 3 rotis and place one by one top of the other by applying paste of ghee and maida in between the each roti and then roll them.
- Now cut the roll in to 1 cm fine pieces. Press the pieces little bit by using roll stick.
- Heat oil in a deep pan at medium flame and add these kajas slowly in to the oil. Fry them at low flame until kajas become light brown color from all sides.
- For sugar syrup, add water and sugar, let it boil for 5-7 mins in high flame, now add crushed cardamom and switch off the flame. It should have “single string”.
- After frying the kajas take them out and directly drop in to sugar syrup. Let them absorb sugar syrup for 20 mins. Then take them out from syrup and garnish with cashewnuts or almonds.
Serve Madatha Kaja as dessert.
You may also love these delicious indian sweets recipes:
We hope you liked our Madatha Kaja Recipe. For more such recipes follow our Blog foodiewish.com